Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATTENTION ALL UK GUPPERS: I HAVE A DATE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATTENTION ALL UK GUPPERS: I HAVE A DATE!

AN INVITATION TO ALL GUPPERS AROUND THE WORLD
    ESP. UK GUPPERS:-

It gives me great pleasure to announce the UK Guppers Iftari.
    The date INSHA-ALLAH is as follows:
    *Tuesday 28th DEC 1999.
    *Ramzan-ul-Mubarik ki 20 Taareekh.
    *At Khans of Bayswater.
    *We could all get there for 3:59 as Roza will open at this time but you can always open your Roza and then come for dinner.

I was going to leave it open but thought that would be too confusing and the post to request any dates or ideas has been on the forum for at least 2 weeks now.

We all meet up everyday on the forum but to meet in reality is an opportunity to make the Gupshup connection even more lasting.
    If you start to think in terms of 'I CAN'T'. Then think about this;
    Change a can't to a CAN,
    and you have a CHANCE to make some sincere friendships.

Email me if you have any queries,
    See you all there
    INSHA-ALLAH
    Nageena Rani

Excellent idea Nageena Rani!

Wish I had followed more closely and seen the invitation or request for dates....I might have been able to adjust plans for travel such that I would be able to attend. Khair hai...next time sahi!

I'd love to know exactly who plans on attending......speak up everyone!

Also....if things go well...let me volunteer right now to arrange something for after Eid.....

Comment

Dear Nagina Rani, that’s wonderful. I got worried for a moment, but I am glad that it is not what I thought it might have been.

Anyhow, have a great Iftar. I can’t tell you how much I miss England. I lived on the Portobello Road for 4 years while doing my undergrad. Have not been to London for a few years now, and I can't wait to go back and visit my buddies.

Have a wonderful time.

Comment

I'd love to come, but I'd have to swim across the Atlantic ocean...and I can't swim.

Muzna are you in the UK? Did you leave Canada?

Achtung

Comment

I would have liked to attend since I was planning on coming home for 10 days anyways. Some other commitments have delayed my plans and thus will not be there.

I guess I will be rescheduling the trip for march or april.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Hey you Candadian Guppers, Kaash ki aap loog asaktey and the UK guppers too as not many responses to this so far.
            Anyway if the worse comes to worse I'll just sit there all by myself.
            NYA, Howz your Mother in law. I hope she's better now. What uni did you go to. If you come to London, please let me know and we'll have a coffee in the Whitelys center somewhere.
            Muzna, Please do arrange something, that would be great.
            Achung and Fraudia, Maybe one day we'll all meet!

Comment

Dear Nagina Rani. My Motherinlaw passed away last Wednesday. She is in peace now. I went to LSE. I think, I will be in London in March sometime, will surely let you know, and coffee will be nice.

We are going to Germany next Tuesday for Christmas for a week. I have a million frequent flyer miles, I can always arrange for a weekend in London except work is really hectic.

Comment

Nagina,

I have to check the Schedule ... if I am in UK and able to I might come. But 90% chances are that I would be in Berlin. I think better would be 2nd January The Sunday.

Comment

NYA,
                  Hey I'm so sorry about your mother in law. I hope your wife is coping ok. Allah un ko sabbar dey ammeen.
                  I went to LSE. We must meet if you come to London.
                  Najim, Please try. 2nd of jan is the 25th Ramazan and I thought that people are usually involved in Ibbaadat during the last 7 rozey.
                  PLEASE TRY AND MAKE IT.

Comment

NYA: Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law's death. May Allah (swt) grant her janatul Firdous and give sabar to all of you.

Nageena Ji; can I bring my wife and nine children to iftar?

Comment

NY sahab

sorry to hear about your loss. I pray that your family find the strength and sabr to get through this time.

Nageena:

Us Imperial lot are not fond of you LSE kiddos :>
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Fraudz, are you from Imperial College, London?...which year?

Comment

Fraudia Yar, It wasn’t my first choice either but you have no idea how sorry I am to be associated with them lefties. To make up for the “lack of enlightenment at LSE”, I took a full year at SOAS. But my grad school was a lot more livelier and serene (It was not UC Berkeley, but pretty close to it).

Comment

Mahmood

I was in a joint programme University of Kansas/University of London- imperial. I graduated in 1993.

Comment

NY hmmmmm stanford?

For my grad school I decided to chill out in Philly Ghettos but it was a blast.

Comment

Working...
                              X