Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peshawar sister of Markham

On March 23,2004 Mayor of Markham Mayor Don Cousin presented
    Markham "City Keys" to Pakistan's High Commssioner Mr.Ghalib.
    Mayor Don Cousin declared " MARKHAM AS TWIN CITY OF PESHAWAR" viz a viz. Mayor also revealed that he is planning a trip to Pakistan
    shortly and Peshawar would be on his schedule.

Markham town is the muncipality of York region north of Toronto, known for its High Tech industry. It is my favourite town and I think hasgreat potential for community relations and evelpment.
    *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*
    Down loading, Please wait ,,,,,,,Your Thread is being shredded into bits !

Markham sounds like a very desi/persian kinda name. Good thing you mentioned it is in Canada. Any more info?

How do they get to decide which is a twin city? Do they make good chapli kabab's in Markham too? :-)
    "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Let's start with free Naswaar trade.

I don't think Peshawarees would like to be called a 'sister'. How about daddy-o or brother?

Comment

^ Will it then be a brother city or brotherly city?
        "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

sheesh...are there a lot of chaptey in pehsawar 2?

Comment

Faisal, it would be if it were pronounced that way.

But the 'kh' isn't the thooknay wali awaz 'khay' sound, rather 'Mark-hum'.

Comment

This doesn't even rhyme.

Markham's sister should be Toorkham.

Comment

Interesting ! You'r right Faisal and FG.
                Many cties in europe had names ending with POUR / HAM / BOROUGH
                etc etc. This I guess would be same like we have ABAD and QILA
                or names after some thing.
                Lets find out from our guppies,,,,,,,,,
                *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*

Comment

Originally posted by funguy:
                  This doesn't even rhyme.

Markham's sister should be Toorkham.
                  --c--
                  lets find out the history of toorkham , and I will relay the information to the mayors office. Also metrial on NUSWAAR would be helpful
                  *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal:
                    How do they get to decide which is a twin city? Do they make good chapli kabab's in Markham too? :-)
                    tsk tsk tsk........afsoos.

Originally posted by funguy:
                    Let's start with free Naswaar trade.
                    "Free Naswaar zan kay umanda"

Pushto translated in english: Funguy dear please rub some naswaar in ur mouth.

I hate you.

Comment

Originally posted by Poodenay_Ki_Chutney:
                      tsk tsk tsk........afsoos.
                      "Free Naswaar zan kay umanda"

Pushto translated in english: Funguy dear please rub some naswaar in ur mouth.

galti meri thee kay may nay thread may "sister" mention ker dya warna yan per koi nahi ata naaa.
                      *~*~* Thread-napper*~*~*

Comment

I hope the mayor comes to Peshawar and I get the opportunity to meet him...
                        So that he can see how educated , well mannered, and hospitable peshawarites are.
                        I hate you.

Comment

I want to come to Peshawar too. PKC why don't you take some snappps and post them..i loveeeeeeee that place as i must've told you when you were back here in Yoo K. Do you even miss us??

Comment

PKC ... does KFC (Kennedy Fried Chicken) still there? Last time I visited Peshawar I didn't get a chance to go to the bazar...

Comment

Peshawar is a thriving city from what I've heard. I met a couple of sikhs from Peshawar and some Pakhtuns who came here as refugees. All great guys, really well mannered and polite.

Apparently KFC and Macdonalds have opened stores there so can't really be compared to Waziristan or Balochistan.

Comment

Working...
                              X