What keeps you up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What keeps you up?

Here's a little bit of a different question....more and more people are beginning to suffer from insomnia. It's been studied and researched yet no real cure can be found.

If you are one of those that spend hours trying to get to sleep have you been able to identify exactly what it is that keeps you awake?

Used to suffer a lot from that at school... may be it was the stress or more likely I think, it was stress which I was not really able to control by myself. Or may be it was understress (though i some how doubt that). Now a days, since I am usually up working well past midnite on a daily basis, it takes me 5 mins to fall asleep. Never had that insomnia problem ever since!!!

May be for me at least, reducing my sleep paterns so that I only sleep 6 hrs or less (as against the previous 8-10 before) has cured me from insomnia problems. Which sounds like a rather odd solution, but perhaps insomnia is partly caused by our bodies still been fully alert and awake, while we are trying to fall asleep.

Hope that helps Muzna.

Comment

Yes, Muzna Ji. I know the reason.

"Some Lost Love!"

------------------
      Nadeem

[This message has been edited by Nadeem (edited December 06, 1999).]

Comment

Oh yeah

Macchar, Khatmal, aur Pakistan kay Halaat http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif

AB

------------------
        Nothing is impossible in this Universe,
        Just go try and fight for the right...

you will get sum.
        AB

Comment

Stress is a big one...esp with finalz just about over 24 hours away...gooosshhhh *shudder*

Sometimes I'm just TOOO tired to fall asleep...as crazy as it soundz...itz true!
          22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

A friend of mine has a really bad insomnia problem, it gets real bad before a crucial exam. So, it probably is linked to stress and fear.

Personally speaking, i've never had a problem falling asleep, but i do feel uncomfortable trying to fall asleep without a pillow or a thick blanket to hold on to. Could that be a problem?
            Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies and the suggestions. Luckily I'm not the one suffering. I've just heard about it a lot from friends recently. Mainly people that I wouldn't expect to be insomniacs. You know how you think that if someone has no worries why can't they fall asleep?

Anyway...I've heard that warm milk and soaking your feet in hot water helps....try it.

Comment

cool shower, light fragrance and that dumb eye pillow thing also helps.

I used to suffer from insomnia and have infrequent bouts with it even now. In my case it is not usually the stress, but its my alone time where no one is expecting anything from me, nothing needs to be done etc etc.

with so much going on in our lives these days, its good to stop and examine, analyze and plan. afterlife, career, family, friends, vacation etc etc.

So although when these episodes strike, i lose a few hours of sleep, but I gain a better perspective on my own life.

btw. I am the antisocial guy on the plane who keeps headphones on the whole flight..cuz that is a good time to stop and reflect on life as well :>
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Nadeem......Muzna has no Lost love....he's right here!
                  Fraudia...very true...it's the best time to contemplate and plan. Some of us are constantly on the go. I, for one, can hit the sack physically exhausted, and yet my mind will keep on ticking. Some of my best vusiness ideas and plans come to me while I'm lying in bed. Surprisingly though, I find the same kind of solitude and time for reflection whilst doing the dishes!?! Unfortunately, your Muzna-ji has deprived me of that pleasure!

Comment

insomnia helps to get you rich. one indian bloke wrote a novel since he was suffering from insominia and earned a few crores. but i will prefer to sleep well than earning money.

Comment

Muzna
                      ab so bhi jao!!!! I'll be there in a week!

Comment

only you could know....

Comment

AnokhaUKJi....Sorry I forgot this!!!
                          Nadeem......Muzna has no Lost love....he's right here!
                          Anyhow plz drop in whenever you have time!!!!

rgds

------------------
                          Nadeem

Comment

Is it a case of 'outta sight, outta mind' with you guys there?
                            If you don't see ME, it doesn't mean I'm not around. I'm ALWAYS WATCHING!!!
                            Thanx Nadeem, yes, I will drop-in from time to time.......watch this space!

Comment

I must remember to hit 'enter' more

often!

Comment

Working...
                              X