Info about Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Info about Pakistan

We received an email from a person interested in Pakistan. I am posting it here. If anyone can help her out, please reply in this thread. I have sent her an email to check this thread, and hopefully she can either put her questions here or communicate with the interested folks by sending them an email from their profile link.
    • name = Rachel
      email = edited
      Subject1 = Interview
      message = I am currently attending a university in Ohio. I am taking Global cultures where one of our projects is to study a country. My country is Pakistan. This week we have to interview a person from Pakistan to get a better understanding of the culture and people. The questions are very simple and are meant simply to get general ideas. The questions range from how people greet each other to what kind of music is popular. There is no one in my class or work that I can interview. I found this site which seems to be a great resource. I would really appreciate if someone would contact me so that I may complete this interview. There are only 20 questions, and it would not take up much time. It can be done by phone or email whatever is most preferable. Thank you, Rachel
    "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Sure thing Faisal, let me know how i cna help.

Comment

I'd be glad to be of any help... may I also suggest contacting the PSA (Pakistani Student Association) at your University or another nearby University. This way you can get first hand insight by asking the people involved about the type of events that are organized etc.
      For reason, ruling alone, is a force confining - and passion, unattended, is a flame that burns to its own destruction - Khalil Gibran

Comment

i'd be more than happy to help....
        if, however, a pakistani born in Bahrain and lived in Bahrain counts as good enuff....

just for advice, try more than one person (easy for emails, u can send to around 10) just to get more views and not get 'personal views' of the person mixed with cultural values....
        Both Halal & Haram r evident but between them r doubtful things, most ppl have no knowledge about them. So whoever saves himself from suspicious things saves his religion & honor, & whoever indulges in suspicious things indulges in Haram.

Comment

me too ask me anything even if I dunno I can find out
          We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

Originally posted by fantastic1:
            me too ask me anything even if I dunno I can find out
            How many types of mangoes are there in Pakistan?

Comment

There are 450 known varities of mangoes in Pakistan. The varietal nomenclature is so much confusing that one variety carries many names at various places and some cases on name is applied to several varieties

Need more info try http://hamaramultan.com/mangotypes.asp#LANGRA

:-D
              We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

One more .... the colors, green and white, in PK flag represnts Muslims and Non-Muslims... Is the ratio shown in the flag, of green and white, has any significance?

BTW - Thank you for the Mangoe research and link.. that is very informative.. hope the person who asked for the info is benefiting from this discussion.

Comment

^ yeah it does... when i was younger my dad said about 5% of pakistans pop. was non muslim... but not sure about it now

Comment

>>>I am currently attending a university in Ohio.<<<

What’s it with people from Ohio who are all of a sudden interested in Pakistan? I am sure now they can relate to what it feels like being from Ohio.

Comment

Working...
                    X