Tears....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tears....

Where do tears come from? When humans get hurt emotionally, why do they cry? Is there some sort of biological purpose to our crying?

Achtung

I think medically it is said that crying once in a while, if one is in grief, is good for emotional well being. I don't remeber the whole thing but I think it's even good for the eyes.

Comment

Tears serve the purpose of keeping the cornea and conjunctiva moist.....in conditions taht cause dryness , corneal ulceration is a common complication leading to blindness.....Tears also probably safeguard against infection.....
      Autonomic nervous system ( part of nervous system that is not under volitional control)serves the purpose of maintaining and adjusting the internal milieu of the body , relative to internal and external environmental changes...this part of nervous system resides in the relatively primitive areas of the brain , areas that are also present in less evolved animals. Interestingly emotional responses are also controled by a relatively primitive part of brain...These two systems have a significant effect on each other through interconnections.....Strong emotional states are responses to percieved changes in environment and effect various body systems, tearing is one of them...We dont know if increase in tearing served any physiological purpose duirng the experince of sadness..It may just be a byproduct of some other neurological function( when one part of nervous system is activated it can bring about many changes some of which are useful in the situation and others that are not, but are part of same system)..
      It may be somehting we will eventually get rid of...in a couple of thousand generations that is..
      Achtung,
      What is making tears part of your thoughts these days..

Comment

Nova and Roman thanks for your thoughts...

Nova your a doctor right? That was a really good answer! In a thousand years we will evolve into a species which does not cry tears. I guess we'll have to rely on some other means to 'show' our grief. I can't imagine a baby not crying...

Whats making tears part of mythoughts .....the fear of losing ones I love, being away from my family...

But I feel better today...yesterday was not so good...

Achtung

Comment

Salaam gentlemen

quite nice words from all of you.

Maybe this sounds weird, but mostly I don't cry physically (there are no tears dropping) but I am crying inside myself and that hurts even more! I have tried it many times, since my father passed away, he was the one person I loved most and suddenly I lost him.

I think I am still not over it and I know I never will be, I try to cry but I cannot, I guess there is nothing to do. I am just trying to stay strong and take one step at a time, I know allah is there to help me and I know my father will never be gone cause as long as he will remain in my heart he will be living.

------------------
          Puppyeyes

[This message has been edited by Puppyeyes (edited November 17, 1999).]

Comment

Ever cry for no reason?

Comment

puppyeyes-i know what you mean aboout thecrying inside. once in a long while, ihate crying, i depise myself when i do it. maybe it hurts more, b/c crying actually seems to make you feel a great deal better, but i feel its like a weakness. not in other's just myself. I vent through anger, tears embarrass me. Parveen- i could never cry just for the helluvit. but i guess you can conclude that from my previous statements. i am not trying to sound like a harsh person. its just the way i am.

------------------
              "Dil hai ki manta nahin"- always 714

~Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin
              ~Nes is MY voice of reason, get your own :snooty:

Comment

Tears: The hydraulic force by which masculine power is defeated by feminine power.

Comment

Now there's a subject to discuss.....

Why do men melt at the site of a woman's tears? I know many women that use this weapon too frequently.

Comment

tears also come from crocodiles/alligators.. never really knew which one is equal to a desi maggarmucch.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Neither one of em is equal to our maggarmucch.
                      Our maggarmucch is independent.

Comment

Achtung..well dear there are 3 types of crying
                        1)ik to dil rota hai
                        2)eye drop tears and you know it
                        3)magar mach ka ansoo

which one are you talking about..or i am missing something..hello

dil..dilseee....dil to akhir dil hai na

Comment

Okay, I'm clueless, what is this tears from an alligator thing you are talking about? What is a magharmuch or whatever its called?

Comment

Yes...Mr.Fraudia, Dil Se and others, please define 'magar-much' for us.

I am clueless as well...I do like the word though, magar-much, magar-much!!

Achtung

Comment

hmmmmm urdu proverb "maggarmucch kay ansoo" if translated would be "tears of an alligator/crocodile type thingie"

it means fake tears...
                              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X