X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS banner of today

'We wish all our members a prosperous new year,
    And to all our muslim members a sacred ashura'

I've read this statement quite a few times now.....and somehow it doesn't make sense: somehow it seems to be saying as if it is new year for everyone, whereas ashura only to the muslims. But correct me if I'm wrong, but the new year also should only be directed to the Muslims, because it clearly isn't the christian or hindu or chinese new year now. So either leave out the 'muslim' part altogether, or also wish new year to only the muslims
    Why so serious ... ?

best wishes sab ke liye honi chahiye Nes

Itni si baat.

Comment

^yes, of course.
      But for the sake of argument:

you leave a very important omission here.

Of course, best wishes would be for everyone...I agree......but the banner says: best wishes for the new year. and then it cannot or does not apply to everyone. Because if it did, then the second statement should also be towards everyone
      Why so serious ... ?

Comment

lol Nescio...got nothing to do eh? waisay sunday is a boring day I know, not your fault
        ** Of all the things I've lost ~~ I miss my mind the most **

Comment

'We wish all our sunni members a prosperous new year,
          And to all our shia members a sacred ashura'

this makes more sense kyon k shia's have nothing to celebrate right now

Comment

mindless ^just trying to make the most out of my last day of the week off :-/
            Why so serious ... ?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheraz CT:
              'We wish all our sunni members a prosperous new year,
              And to all our shia members a sacred ashura'

this makes more sense kyon k shia's have nothing to celebrate right now
              Kya Sunni members ke liye achura sacred nahee hai jinaab?

Comment

I wish a prosperous new year to all Muslims!

Comment

Christian new year ki mubarak sabb khushi khushi laitay hein.... now you have problem giving mubarak for muslim new year? baray sharam ki baat hai

:-D
                  "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal:
                    Christian new year ki mubarak sabb khushi khushi laitay hein.... now you have problem giving mubarak for muslim new year? baray sharam ki baat hai

Well said :-D
                    Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE.” ~Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal:

Probably because there is no precedence of celebrating an Islamic New year. Or is there?. I am not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by funguy:

Probably because there is no precedence of celebrating an Islamic New year. Or is there?. I am not sure.
                        That comes under 'Mubah' practicing of which is NO sin as well as there is no "thawaab" mentioned for it either...
                        Quite often good things have hurtful consequences. There are instances of men who have been ruined by their money or KILLED by their COURAGE.” ~Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by funguy:

Well, there is not much "celebration" for the hijrah new year due to multiple reasons. The banner just says may all of you have a prosperous new year, because it IS the start of muslim new year.
                          "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Originally posted by Madhanee:

Why is the banner half in gold and half in silver? Isn’t gold haram?
                            May be Gupshup is a female website :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Madhanee:
                              Why is the banner half in gold and half in silver? Isn’t gold haram?
                              Madhanee... gold silver say baahir aa jao baba.. Half the banner is color, and the remaining half is black and white.

Comment

Working...
                              X