You can be a diamond.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can be a diamond.

I have just found out that it is possible to have your cremated remains (or those of a loved one) turned into a diamond.

THIS LITTLE PIGGY: This blue diamond was pressed from the cremated remains of a pig...
    Now you can have your loved ones wrapped around your little finger, even after they're dead...

An Illinois company says it has perfected a new process to make diamonds from the deceased.... For a few thousand dollars, LifeGem will extract the carbon from the cremated remains of your relative or pet, and press it into a synthetic diamond.

[...]

Those in the U.S. can also sign up for the LifeGem service through a handful of local funeral homes across the country, but the body must be shipped to LifeGem's first and only registered crematorium: Parkview Cremations in Fond Du Lac, Wisc.

The Link

Also see

wtf!!

So, what do people think of this? I find it quite disturbing.
    A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?

Cremation is not allowed in Islam, what happens to the ashes becomes a secondary and non issue. So there is not much to think about on this one I guess.
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaleem:
      Cremation is not allowed in Islam, what happens to the ashes becomes a secondary and non issue. So there is not much to think about on this one I guess.
      the issue is not if its allowed in ISlam, the main point is commercialization... even of the dead.
      A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?

Comment

Working...
      X