This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rundi Mela

***[DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT A NEWS REPORT IT IS A WORK OF FICTION. THERE IS NO ACTUAL RUNDI MELA]***

Pakistan, Lahore - AP

After the roaring success of the Basant Mela, in an unprecedented move the red light area girls of Lahore have now planned an event honouring their kind. This event termed the 'Rundi Mela' has been organized by the Kanjar group for the recognition of these prostitutes towards the advancement and contribution to their culture and civilization.

"We have been in this place since before partition and even before that" says Majajan Rani. "It's about time these people recognized the important part we play in our culture. Nawabs and kings used to visit our brothels and sent their kids to be taught manners by us."

Upon being asked what the religious community has to say about this event, she said, "They always have an issue with everything. If it's not that, it's this. We don't care what they have to say. Culture is an important part of any civilization and we are an important part of this. These Mullahs wish to destroy every part of our culture that is lively, wonderful and beautiful."

The organizer of the event, Mr. Hameed Kanjar further elaborated, "You have to realize the contribution of these women to our city. After all, most of the revenue we generate comes from our customers and clients that visit us from around the world."

On being asked what would happen if the religious community were succesful in having this event outlawed, he replied,"Look, we are a progressive nation. These Mullahs constantly try to give our country the Islamic look. If they had their way, there would be no foreign income from our customers and we would be seen as a boorish nation. So once when people see around the world how we honour and celebrate our people, even our prostitutes, they would look at us and see how truly modern we are."

Malka Raj, a 'naika' or matron of one of the biggest brothels in Lahore said, "This is our culture and our bread and butter. We have to celebrate it and let people know that we exist and honour the ladies who have contributed so much to this culture. Every major singer and actress has come from us and some have even gone abroad to brighten the name of their country. Thanks to them Pakistan can now be seen as a progressive, modern nation on par with any nation in the world. How can we not honour them and celebrate and preserve this wonderful culture we have thanks to them?"

Noor Allahditta, who lives just five minutes from the notorious 'Heera Mandi', the red light district and sports a Sharaee beard and is an orthodox Muslim had this to say. "Astaghfirullah. This is what we have come down to. In order to be recognized in the world, we have to show our women dancing and selling themselves and then we celebrate their achievements. The people, we Muslims who were supposed to carry on the tasks of Prophets and Messiahs are now reduced to this, to celebrating something which is no part of us. Laholawalaquata. And these people are proud of it. I strongly condemn this and am vehemently opposed to it." Upon being asked what he plans to do about it, he replied, "Nothing. The entire city is celebrating, the most I can do is stay in my house and refuse to be a part of it."

Another participant and member of this festival, Resham Nagina, upon being asked what she thought of Mr. Allahditta's remarks, she replied, "Hah! What does a Mullah know about culture. All he does is pray and criticise those who want to have fun. Well, they can go to hell. This is our culture and we are very proud of it. It is a very old tradition in which Hindus used to literally deify the consorts. Have you seen Devdas? See how Madhuri was venerated? Well, we were once venerated too, and we wish to keep this tradition and culture alive. And this Allahditta? I know him. He has caused us problems in the past. Tell him to come to me, I'll take care of all his problems in one night (Laugh)."

BBC had at one time done a documentary on these girls titled 'The Dancing Girls of Lahore', which proved to be a boon for these girls. Given worldwide exposure of this kind broadened the client base of this area from the local market to the international market.

One visitor from Karachi, who was here specifically to attend this festival and when asked what he thought about this whole affair, said, "Are you kidding me? These girls put the 'hore' in Lahore."

As contributing members of culture and traditions, the hermaphrodites of this city, or 'Heejrhays' or 'Khusrays' as they are popularly called, are said to celebrate their own festival too.
    Focus not on who you are but what you do...
    ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Lajawab... you wrote it all yourself? Or did you pick it up from some other site?
    "Let your friends underestimate your virtues. Let your enemies overestimate your faults." - Godfather.

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal:
      Lajawab... you wrote it all yourself? Or did you pick it up from some other site?

Here is the source Faisal...

Comment

hey I like the idea. At least our Madhanee has a reason to visit Lahore soon. I can imagine Madhanee chairing(or do they use chaklas or peeRhis) the "Tabla: Its Contribution and Importance in a Rundi's Life" session in the Mela.

If you really think about it there are probably more hardcore rundis in the world than hardcored Mullahs..if Mullahs can have conference after conference, why can't rundis.

I say,

Resham Nagina
        jee taan seena
        bhaweiN saRhe lokaN da seena
        par tooN kariN see na.
        tere bin jeena bhi kia jeena
        haye Resham Nagina

Comment

interesting...

Comment

Wah! Nice poetry CM ji...

Let's see if I can come up with enough Punjabi to write some poetry for you...

O ji ChannMahi, hun baittho Lajawab day naal,
            Hun baitth kay mainu batao ai gaal,
            Hun jairha Sher-e-Punjab aisa honda nay,
            Allah maafi, fir ki honda dujay jaanwaron da haal...

Comment

hmmm what i dont get is, if everyone knows this stuff happens, and that heera mandi does exist... then why do people say astagfurlah when the people of the district want to have their own celebration? they are human too and i reckon they should have every right to live, breath and celebrate liek everyone else..

Comment

is that really true

simply its just hard to believe

Comment

wats hard to believe? that they exist or they'd like to celebrate?

Comment

Lajawab, here is another sample of Punjabi poetry imprompto for you.

hoyea ay ki loko haal bura jagg da
                    mulleyaN nu rundiaN toN dar lagda

rundi je hilaawey lakk
                    gaawey dhana ka dhanak
                    mulleyaN nu pawe shakk
                    kehday eh te masla ay saadi pagg da

rundiaN vi sohnay Rabb ne banayeaN ne
                    haar te shingar chaklay baithayeaN ne
                    eh vi kisay dian dheeyaN bhehna maaNyeaN ne
                    tuhada kiyoN ubhalda khoon ragg da?

uttoN panD'day te muhoN laalaN suttdey je
                    sara pata sanu tusi ki ki mauja lutt dey je
                    Rabb koloN daro aweiN jhooth kahnu kutt'day je
                    Rabb di Jannat ch vi eho mela lagda

Comment

sick and disgusting

Comment

Originally posted by ChannMahi:
                        Lajawab, here is another sample of Punjabi poetry imprompto for you.

mulleyaN nu rundiaN toN dar lagda

rundi je hilaawey lakk
                        gaawey dhana ka dhanak
                        mulleyaN nu pawe shakk
                        kehday eh te masla ay saadi pagg da

rundiaN vi sohnay Rabb ne banayeaN ne
                        haar te shingar chaklay baithayeaN ne
                        eh vi kisay dian dheeyaN bhehna maaNyeaN ne
                        tuhada kiyoN ubhalda khoon ragg da?

uttoN panD'day te muhoN laalaN suttdey je
                        sara pata sanu tusi ki ki mauja lutt dey je
                        Rabb koloN daro aweiN jhooth kahnu kutt'day je
                        Rabb di Jannat ch vi eho mela lagda

Nice ChannMahi...I don't agree with you, but you put it all very nicely...

Comment

hey that was really good CM

let uz chat... u shouldnt be watching bollywood stuff if ur gonna say that this is sick..

Comment

Originally posted by sadzzz:

let uz chat... u shouldnt be watching bollywood stuff if ur gonna say that this is sick..
                            muslims and kaffirs there r a lot of difference between our ethics and principles, can't say anything for hindus but muslims certainly shouldn't be like those in the paki red light district.

peace

Comment

interesting ...

Comment

Working...
                              X