National Chip Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Chip Week

Bearing in mind it's national chip week this week, I think it's about time we all said something nice about the staple diet of any self respecting Brit, the great chip.

I thank God from the bottom of my heart for having given mankind the brains to invent such a delicacy. No week is complete without taking a trip down the local chippy or opening a fresh bag of McCain’s Oven Chips. You can keep your pizzas, pakoras or pancakes - I'm happy with my chips (bit of salt, extra vinegar please).

Mr Chip, I salute you :youguysreallyneedasaluteicon:
    So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief:
    Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.

Yeah i was going to open a thread about chip week in the culture forum but never got round to it. Apparently they were invented by the French and called pomme frites. But they eat them with salad cream so what the hell do they know?

Here's a pic of genuine chip shop chips. Suitably greasy and mangy looking rather than the artificial stuff sold at Macdonalds.

[thumb=E]chips1131_7292424.JPG[/thumb]

pass the vinegar Sobi. you can have a chip but don't pinch more than one.

Comment

such a waste of bandwidth...
      useless thread.

I,m on a diet!

Comment

Kakay if you don't like the make up of General how come your always trying to post yer useless threads here

Comment

I just like pissing u off extreme

and maybe I wasnt being serious here...
          u do need some barnol mate. chill.

Comment

Sorry pal, it's just with your constant whining about threads getting moved I thought maybe you were having another pop. My mistake, carry on.

Comment

Well chips (the snacks kind) Lays, Pringles etc were invented by a Native American. So my hat goes off to the Native Americans.
              "If I'm not back in five minutes, keep waiting." - Freakazoid

Comment

Piss off Xtremeo, aint it tempting enough talking about em. that u had to go and post a picture? Some of us haven’t been blessed with Kate Moss’ metabolism rate

Back to chips ... it's amazing how something so tasteless (chips don't actually taste of anything) can be so addictive ... I think it's all about the smell. I swear Channel would make a bomb if they started selling fragrance that smelt of chip shops.

My fave chips: mums chips! I love it when she peels/cuts potatoes and fries em in the pan ... nuttin can beat em (they don't even need vinegar!)

Worst chips I've ever had: Big Jons on Bristol Road :yukk:

Earliest memory of eating chips: Mum was in Bradford and dad didn’t know how to cook roti so he always used to bring takeaways. I used to cry and scream about having my own 'locket' (as they were called those days) of chips, even though I was stuffed after I'd had like 10 chips. Dad used to sit there and force me to eat the whole bag (either that or watch me be sick), but I'd never learn my lesson and would be crying/screaming for another locket the next day. And so the cycle continued.

Last time I had em: Sunday, with mushy peas.

Kaku, shat it already – what would an aussie know about decent food? Stick to making Soaps and Surfing.

Comment

I cant have my chips without tomato ketchup.
                  So do u brits have em with salt n vinegar only? or do we have the ketchup lovers in the mutehida saltanat.

Comment

Bandoo u plonka, there's a big differnce between chips and crisps

Comment

Kaku, salt n vinegar is best - chilli sauce and brown sauce is also good

I only use ketchup with fish, it's too amrikan for me.

Comment

soap? where did that come from?

and dont call me aussie.... I,m a bloody paki from Islami JamHOORia e Pakistan.

Comment

Do they even have chips in Oz? Or do they just chuck tins of lager on the barbie?

Comment

Yeh whatever kaku, aussies are the only men in the world the are gay enough to go on diets, so you're aussie through and through.

Russel Crowe is fit though, so hats off to you guys

Comment

yukk.. so ur that chilli saice girl...
                              my friends have every bloody thing including fried eggs n pizza with sweet chilli sauce! :yukh:

ketchup with chips rules. fish with tartar souce is yummm.

Comment

Working...
                              X