Arranged Marriage vs. Love Marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arranged Marriage vs. Love Marriage

I got an email today with an attachment done in Power Point that differentiated between Love & Arrange Marriage from the eyes of a software engineer.

The most striking comment was at the end that stated something like the following:

Arranged Marriage is like Unix/Linux Ė highly stable, reliable & robust but dull and not attractive

Love marriage is like Windows; seductive, colorful, flashy, exciting but you never know when it will crash.

Donít you guys agree?
    I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    - Robert McCloskey

Comment

jab shadi ho gi tab dekha jaye ga.......abhi kafi wakt para hai...no worries....
      ~*~pOoKi3~*~

Comment

seems about right...now the real question is which do you have?

Comment

clever statements

Comment

Re: Arranged Marriage vs. Love Marriage

Originally posted by ahmadjee:
            I got an email today with an attachment done in Power Point that differentiated between Love & Arrange Marriage from the eyes of a software engineer.

The most striking comment was at the end that stated something like the following:

Arranged Marriage is like Unix/Linux Ė highly stable, reliable & robust but dull and not attractive

Love marriage is like Windows; seductive, colorful, flashy, exciting but you never know when it will crash.

Donít you guys agree?
            luv marriage rocks eh
            Depending on the perspective, everything is beautiful!!

Comment

Mere junoon ka na lo imtihaan,
              Jaanan

Comment

The other analogies included; arranged marriage are like water fall method with customer specifications well defined, where as love marriage is like following the spiral paradigm where you update the specs as you go along.

Yeah, itís very appropriate as well.

It was also argued the arranged are less risky, more cost effective and usually performed within deadlines, while love marriages are harder to maintain and customer often changes mind and can lead to over budget and missed deadlines.
                I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                - Robert McCloskey

Comment

So lesson learned. arranged marriage works better than the love marriage
                  hum paii yeh kis nay harra rung dalla

Comment

It all boils down to what you like. Keyboard or mouse? Command prompt or click n' drag?
                    - Robert McCloskey

Comment

Aj can you send me that file. I have a few people i would like to pass that on to

Comment

I think arranged marriages are more secure, plus I have an arranged marriage, and Im ok with it

Comment

i'll uze both Unix/Linux n Windowz
                          ek khushi dil ne kia maang li
                          meri har khushi ko nazar lag gyi

Comment

i am inclined to agree that love marriage takes more than arranged..but then it depends on how much you are willing to give for the ur loved one.. its deeper than just 2+2 is 4.. i have seen a lot of arranged marriages last forever and some that dont last at all..it just depends on ur situation really.. there is no right and wrong here i think..

Comment

sigh
                              Slightly Crazy and Plenty Lazy

Comment

Working...
                              X