Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finishing Schools

Does anyone know of good ones?

Theres an army finishing school in Rawalpindi...I was given a tour of their facilities last year and I would have done the course if I had the time...I still might go next year...they have two sessions a year which last about 2-3 months

Comment

What is a finishing school?

Comment

Its basically etiquette school for women in Pak...why they call it finishing school? thats beyond me...

Comment

Can I cheat thru it and pass?

Comment

Thank you, larki_punjaban. What kind of things do you learn at this army finishing school?

Mr Xtreme, apparently it's where unrefined girls go to learn how to be "ladies".

Comment

Originally posted by larki_punjaban:
              Its basically etiquette school for women in Pak...why they call it finishing school? thats beyond me...
              Because it's education that was historically done after you completed your academic education, hence "finishing" your education. It was the last step before you were considered to have developed fully into an adult and were a child no longer.
              Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
              Al-Ghazali

Comment

Originally posted by mAd_ScIeNtIsT:

Because it's education that was historically done after you completed your academic education, hence "finishing" your education. It was the last step before you were considered to have developed fully into an adult and were a child no longer.
                Explains a lot...thanx!

zulaykha- from what I remember they teach you how to cook, plan parties, decorate, entertain guests, exercises, health tips, etc.. I have to say I was pretty impressed

Comment

Originally posted by zulaykha:
                  Thank you, larki_punjaban. What kind of things do you learn at this army finishing school?

Mr Xtreme, apparently it's where unrefined girls go to learn how to be "ladies".
                  The army have a finishing school where they teach unrefined girls how to become ladies? Is there any pie that the army hasn't got it's finger in in Pakistan lol.

Comment

http://www.paffinishingschool.com/
                    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Comment

^^ I think thats the one I visited...not entirely sure though. When I went there they didn't mention anything about an application process..the officer told me that I'd have to pay the fees and everything else would be taken care of...maybe a benefit of having family in the army??

Comment

Femme Fatale, I was thinking of just passing it - the cheating part is too much work.

Thanks Zakk, that site was pretty helpful, and I do believe that's the best one available in the region, no?

Ah yeah, larki_punjaban, that's what I'm looking for. I'm looking for one that teaches international etiquette and what not as well, but I'm sure that's part of the curriculum in every finishing school. How were the facilities? I didn't find any pictures on the link Zakk posted.

Btw, ANY finishing school will do, of course the one in Pakistan is terrific (and preferrable because of location), but if anyone knows of ones in the US/Europe/Australia, that'd be great, too.

Comment

The facilities were decent...they had a classroom type setting for the cooking classes, as well as a kitchen, a mock living room, an exercise room, a swimming pool, the sleeping arrangements were 2 or 3 to a bedroom...It's located in the army area in Pindi

When I went there, they only had about 10 girls per session...I'm not sure if its the same now though

Comment

The 10 girls per session thing is a good thing - makes it all so much more personal. How long ago did you go to see the place?

Comment

It was a year and a half ago...at that time 10 girls was their limit but the session then only had 8 girls...it is a pretty costly thing for most in Pakistan but well worth it IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X