Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

crying

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    crying

    crying.........shedding tears....

    Have you people ever wondered why people cry? I mean why do ppl cry when in the mood of sorrow and/or pain? I don't get it...........

    let me be clearer: producing eye drops has as function to keep your eyes clean.....so how come when crying, excessive amounts of fluid from the 'tears'-gland is produced? what is the function of it?

    any thoughts?


    even more interesting is the question why ppl see tears as a sign of sorrow/pain/immense emotion????
    Why so serious ... ?

    #2
    What I know is that when you encounter something you didn't like, or it just didn't feel right then your mind tells you something, then something happens and you cry
    Bless you.

    Comment


      #3
      ^but WHY cry??? why not just feel the bad emotion and get on with it....why shed tears??? what function do they serve???
      Why so serious ... ?

      Comment


        #4
        with my black glasses on, I'm onion-tears-proof
        Why so serious ... ?

        Comment


          #5
          Oye onion-proof guy, try eating a double bowl of Sabri Nehari with jalapenos and adrak. You will definitely cry the next morning - I guarantee it.

          Comment


            #6
            A communication device to show others how you feel.

            Comment


              #7
              If funguy's suggestion doesn't work, try eating some wasawi ...
              I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
              - Robert McCloskey

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by funguy:
                Oye onion-proof guy, try eating a double bowl of Sabri Nehari with jalapenos and adrak. You will definitely cry the next morning - I guarantee it.
                i'm talking about crying from your eyes, not crying from your hind-gut (=diarrhoea )

                underthedome: even when alone some ppl cry
                Why so serious ... ?

                Comment


                  #9
                  I don't think feelings are supposed to be logical anyway.
                  Bless you.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    And some people talk to themselves.

                    Still, crying when you were a child would bring comfort from your mother or father (a new diaper, food, attention) so it's wired in your brain that crying will bring forth comfort.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Sharafat_Ka_Namouna:
                      I don't think feelings are supposed to be logical anyway.
                      why not? for the same matter, you can suppose they ARE supposed to be logical...but we haven't solved the logic yet
                      Why so serious ... ?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by underthedome:
                        And some people talk to themselves.

                        Still, crying when you were a child would bring comfort from your mother or father (a new diaper, food, attention) so it's wired in your brain that crying will bring forth comfort.
                        ahaaan! i was hoping this would come up. But.......when lil children/kids cry, they basically just yell for attention without overt tears in their eyes (a new-born baby doesn't produce tears when crying).......so when and why do tears come into play?
                        Why so serious ... ?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          good question so I looked it up.

                          "When we become upset, our brains and bodies overreact and work overtime by producing chemicals and hormones.

                          Crying helps eliminate these extra chemicals that we don't need."



                          Nature wins again.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            listen Nes, a baby can't speak so he does something which attracts attention. maybe at that age the child doesn't have that material which is required to produce tears? Thats why when you grow up the yan yan produces tears when you feel helpless
                            Bless you.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by underthedome:
                              good question so I looked it up.

                              "When we become upset, our brains and bodies overreact and work overtime by producing chemicals and hormones.

                              Crying helps eliminate these extra chemicals that we don't need."



                              Nature wins again.
                              now that is making some sense
                              Bless you.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X