Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montreal, Vancouver, Toronto

Which is the best and more secure place to live and earn a living in Canada. I have been told,

Vancouver is a nice place to live, Toronto is good for making a living ( thats for earning money )and Montreal good for sightseeing. Please, add more information to it...

Even if I don't migrate to N.America, I want to keep an option for myself whereby I can visit my people freely in my old age (pal ki khabar naheen hai, samaan umar bhar ka). Most probably, my brother's susraal walay who are also our close relatives might move there frm America. Now, they have been asking us to think on these lines too.
    But, I was somehow more interested in getting information for myself where one is not dependent on others and can live a decent life. Now, I understand that , I got a 'no-substance degree' and that will be problematic but than I think I do not need to worry about it now. For, now I want a good piece of advice...

Toronto is good for making a living ( thats for earning money
    There are hardly any jobs in Toronto right now
    ...is happily flawed!

Comment

Vancouver if ur an out-doorsy person, Toronto if you want a decent career, Montreal if you have an appreciation for arts/culture/history and want to experience life.

Comment

Vancouver has the better weather, it is beautiful here. There's the mountains and beaches. you could also go upto Whistler in the winter or summer. Toronto is nice too but the weather gets ****ty and in my opinion, it is a bit overrated. It is not as great as people say it is. Vancouver was also rated the #1 city in the world to live in(in terms of education, housing, climate,quality of life,etc) I cna't say much about Montreal since I've never been there.

Comment

Toronto has major congestion issues, Vancouver, you dun wanna buy a car in, and Montreal, you'll prolly have to learn French.

Of course, remember the old saying, "Toronto is Canada's Florida" - Me.
          Last edited by God : April 21st, 1987 at 09:23 PM.

Comment

Man diz place iz full of s**t. CANADA is a bludy HOVEL.

Minny babe I cant wayt 2 finiz my ass-ignment n git back to gud ole LA. 3 bludy muntz in dis contree iz a bludy loooooong tyme. Itz HELL.

Toronto is full of runts. Immig-runts. Dey'z no betta dan MEHECAANOES in da US. Dey iz broth hir 2 do all da canook grunt vurk dat tha canoodles cant do demselvz. White canadians r fukin RACIST PIGS. Dey luk @ yr skin color 1st b4 talkin 2 u. N gud reezon - toro is ovaflooin w/ desiz n refugeez.

Montreal iz vurse. Dey r fake Frenchies wiv hangovaz. Da Frenchies dun accep dem n dey cant tayk rejection; dey tink dey iz sum EURO-PEE-UN naysun.

Bludy 58th Amrikan state. It'z nat Florida of da US, itz Mexico of da US. Canada iz a US-wannabe widout da class or da sentimentz.
            Der is zero concipt of customaar serviz, zero toleranz of oder peepulz opinionz n da fokkerz cant drive 4 der lyfe. Da highwayz r a nayshunnal shame, as r da peepul.

US-ites r sincere honest decent folk compared 2 canooks. I cant wayt 2 git bak HOME.

Comment

Montreal is the most comfortable place to live as living is much cheaper here, compared to Toronto & Vancouver...but yeah, you have to know French to get a decent job.

There are other cities in Canada...(hehe for some reason people forget about them). If Toronto doesn't have many jobs, you can try surrounding cities in Ontario...I'm assuming you'd wanna live close to Toronto since there are so many Pakistanis there...

Comment

Originally posted by 7531598246:

Minny babe I cant wayt 2 finiz my ass-ignment n git back to gud ole LA. 3 bludy muntz in dis contree iz a bludy loooooong tyme. Itz HELL.

Toronto is full of runts. Immig-runts. Dey'z no betta dan MEHECAANOES in da US. Dey iz broth hir 2 do all da canook grunt vurk dat tha canoodles cant do demselvz. White canadians r fukin RACIST PIGS. Dey luk @ yr skin color 1st b4 talkin 2 u. N gud reezon - toro is ovaflooin w/ desiz n refugeez.

Montreal iz vurse. Dey r fake Frenchies wiv hangovaz. Da Frenchies dun accep dem n dey cant tayk rejection; dey tink dey iz sum EURO-PEE-UN naysun.

Bludy 58th Amrikan state. It'z nat Florida of da US, itz Mexico of da US. Canada iz a US-wannabe widout da class or da sentimentz.
                Der is zero concipt of customaar serviz, zero toleranz of oder peepulz opinionz n da fokkerz cant drive 4 der lyfe. Da highwayz r a nayshunnal shame, as r da peepul.

US-ites r sincere honest decent folk compared 2 canooks. I cant wayt 2 git bak HOME.
                The Game Responds:

Oh, the irony is just killing me here. People, That Is All.

Comment

And most Canadians know how to speak and write proper English which everyone can understand...
                  Focus not on who you are but what you do...
                  ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Toronto is full of runts. Immig-runts. Dey'z no betta dan MEHECAANOES in da US. Dey iz broth hir 2 do all da canook grunt vurk dat tha canoodles cant do demselvz. White canadians r fukin RACIST PIGS.
                    Your selective interpretation of history leaves much to be desired. Canada, and the US, were both populated by "immigrunts" who did "grunt vurk"; ask the first two/three generations of "immigrunts" to the US, what type of work they did. It was ALL manual, labour work. Heard of the pioneers who moved out west in the US? They weren't doing white-collar jobs my friend in some skyscraper. They were doing "grunt vurk" and they died doing "grunt vurk". The next couple of generations did the same thing. The same country that you admire so much, was expanded and settled by "immigrunts" from all walks and classes of life, especially from the (seemingly) lowest of the lowest classes.

Funny how you can call others racist, while belittling an entire group of people, including "Mehecaanoes". Who the hell are "Mehecaanoes" - your own made-up word for an entire group of people? Next time before you permit your fingers to start typing too fast all over the keyboard, try to think. It will hurt but try thinking before you start lambasting God's Creations.

Comment

Oh my lord.. would someone help me out here.

Comment

^ I'll get the mercy knife.
                        Last edited by God : April 21st, 1987 at 09:23 PM.

Comment

wow, hes speaking a dialect all his own :biggthumb dont discourage him ppl and the reactions posted are hilarious too...im still laughing

toronto has toooo much tax!!! they pretty much taxed up everything and soon we'll be paying tax to breathe, "clean air tax"...we're destined for it... the post describing vancouvers beaches and mountains sounds very inviting~ Montreal is a lil France and i dont like France. Quebec city is the place to be! (but to live in...i vote Los Angelos )

Comment

Even though it has its benefits and all. Toronto has a 15% tax on non-grocery items. Road tax, basically the tax is so much that if you work 5 days of the week, one day is gone to the taxes/EI/Pension which you will never see. There is an influx of immigrants to Toronto as it is the happening city but unfortunately our Administration is not doing a great job at handling it.

Vancouver is an ok city if you are looking to settle in a not so cold tundra. Taxes are low and the affordability for housing is not as bad as it is in Toronto. Although, jobs are hard to come by as opposed to the Metropolitan Toronto.

Montreal, I say this is a city for tourists and nothing more. You have to know French and you are looked down upon if you dont' know the language.

So a rating system for outsiders to settle in Canada (1 being the worst and 10 being the best) considering economy, weather, people is as follows in my opinion:

Toronto 8
                            Vancouver 7
                            Montreal 5
                            Rabul MashriqaiN wal MaghribaiN

Comment

Originally posted by CocoNut:
                              Even though it has its benefits and all. Toronto has a 15% tax on non-grocery items. Road tax, basically the tax is so much that if you work 5 days of the week, one day is gone to the taxes/EI/Pension which you will never see. There is an influx of immigrants to Toronto as it is the happening city but unfortunately our Administration is not doing a great job at handling it.
                              Toronto 8
                              Vancouver 7
                              Montreal 5

after toronto has all the taxes everybody still votes for toronto, kya karay? hum log hain achay

Comment

Working...
                              X