Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my hero etc

The Person I Admire Most

In a world full of cynicism, deceit, lies and ‘disenchanted lullabies’ there is now nobody left to idolise. I wish I could write a romantic touching piece about how much I love my parents. How self-sacrificing they have been and how much I want to be just like my mother. I wish I could write a profile of an older sibling whose set the world alight-a torchbearer for the family, or a younger sibling who loves me unconditionally.
    Hell, I’m so desperate I even want to write about a meek and mild grandmother who knits cardies and makes scones. But lets be honest I’m a teenager, by definition: selfish; sulky and ungrateful-and it hardly ever happens that way. The large majority of those claimants are liars, frauds or simply delusional.
    I have just had a row with my sister-whose love depends entirely upon whether or not I lend her clothes. My parents, I’m afraid aren’t as perfect as when I was ten and fit into my mothers pointy red heels. Those memories are broken, cracked. I have no older sibling and to be honest my grandmother is a *****.
    That leaves me with the overly romanticised old man sitting in the café opposite, whose highlight of the week is probably standing in the queue at the post office collecting his pension and eyeing middle aged Mrs Smith behind the counter.
    However there is still one person in the middle of all this disillusionment – someone kind, gentle, intelligent, loving, beautiful etc etc and most important of all modest: me.
    Although you may laugh and snigger, ask yourself-are you not that self-depreciating person I have just described? Who wrote that unwritten rule printed into the very moral fibres of an Englishman? “Modesty is a virtue”
    Although pronounced with the best of intentions by a middle-aged gentleman writing crackers; in a tabloid loving society such as ours where words become twisted and meanings lost-modesty now sits comfortably in the dictionary next to such gems as-
    ‘Low self confidence’ and ‘Self doubt’. I blame thus for the increase in eating disorders and suicide rates. Along with teen pregnancies (note I refer to UK alone here), when a ‘modest’ young girl shacks up with the first acne-ridden snot nosed excuse for a male who makes her feel good.
    Throw off this cloak of modesty I say and lets join the ranks of the unashamedly self righteous; George Bush, Tony Blair, Diana, Mother Teresa, Me. Lets wave the flag of self appreciation, expect complements when given and when our partners tell us we are beautiful lets not blush, but look them square in the eyes and say “I know”.
    For it is only when we are able to appreciate our own greatness that others will be able to see how truly great we are, and how it is us and not some wannabe manufactured singer nor a flawed picture of parenthood, that should be idolised-but us!

So, give yourselves a couple of ‘me’ hours every day. Soaking in a warm bubble bath, full of aromatherapy oils and do it safe in the knowledge that you’re not being selfish or lazy but its for the greater good. After all someone has to fill this deficiency! And those that disagree……they will burn in hell. The infidels.
    rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band

wow...
    Proud member of Shahid Afridi fan Club!

Comment

u really know how to make my day

wait a year or so its the hormones)

Comment

ohh are we having a temper tantrum again? u sound like the seagull in Finding nemo, MINE MINE MINE. Stop thinking about urself, start thinking about others, this life is too precious to spend only thinking about ur stupid flawed self..Jeezus pajeezus

Comment

Look again o-blasphemer, it's about how I kick so much "gizmo" arss.

Hey if the ***** is barking someones gotta tell it to stfu. Consider majority of humanity the *****. And damnit, it breeds like it's on heat. The word of moron just keeps on spreading like Jordons legs. . . etc.

Cute how I knew that even at 14, no?

Talking of stupid.....you can't even communicate coherantly, or are you "into" irony? Moron.
          rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band rubber band

Comment

Hiccy isn't this a last resort sort of approach? Start looking at these people beyond their faults, you'll like yourself better and they will like you too, not that you aren't already maxed out when it comes to ppl liking you Ok I don't think that will make you like yourself more but what the heck i'll leave that unedited cos it sort of sounds good.

Cherish yourself, pamper yourself. I bought 2 pairs of sandals and a lovely top. Oh and somebody got me a perfume. You do the same

Comment

Re: my hero etc

Originally posted by hiccup:
              The Person I Admire Most

In a world full of cynicism, deceit, lies and ‘disenchanted lullabies’ there is now nobody left to idolise. I wish I could write a romantic touching piece about how much I love my parents. How self-sacrificing they have been and how much I want to be just like my mother. I wish I could write a profile of an older sibling whose set the world alight-a torchbearer for the family, or a younger sibling who loves me unconditionally.
              so true...we would be nothing without them(parents) and their love and affection is more precious than anything in this world.

Comment

hiccup theres flaws in everyone, you just have to live with it, deal with it and try to make the best of it

sometimes not majority of the time people dont see you for your real self, and they remark on ure being selfish etc etc even though inside you want to help them and be nice to everyone

what matters is you did your part

Comment

u called ur grannie a ***** , buree baat apnai sai baroun ki izzat kartei hain, no matter how much u hate them in reality.

peace

Comment

When are you ever going to learn to practice what you preach?

Comment

Originally posted by zulaykha:
                      When are you ever going to learn to practice what you preach?
                      referring to me miss, if so i can reassure u i don't lack in the izzat department, i respect my elders

peace

Comment

Anhaaaaan!

Comment

My my, aren't we self-involved. I'm sure you aren't the type to be frontin' (yeah okay so I'm still brushing up on ebonics) with the elders and what not, but I was actually talking to hiccup.

Comment

Originally posted by zulaykha:
                            My my, aren't we self-involved. I'm sure you aren't the type to be frontin' (yeah okay so I'm still brushing up on ebonics) with the elders and what not, but I was actually talking to hiccup.
                            my sincere aplogeez i thought u was referring to me. sorry dudet

peace

Comment

hay if ur looking for someone to admire,,, u can feel free to admire me
                              i,ll adopt ya

Comment

Working...
                              X