I need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help

not mental help, well that too but something else. U mods or whatever can move this later, i already posted in career but i need answers like RIGHT NOWWWWW.

How would a "W" look on my transcript when applying for med/dent school? Thats 2 W's...will it look bad?

I'm not an admissions director, but I don't see why it would be a problem. It just means you withdrew, and it could have been for several reasons. It shouldn't stop you from getting to the interview, but you need to have a good reason as to why you withdrew, because they will probably ask at that time. Or you could explain it within your own application if there is a space for commenting on such things.
    "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

A "W" doesnt affect your GPA. You should be fine. There are bigger things to worry about when applying to Med School.
      I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Comment

yeh yeh i know it doesn't, but my parents were worried about that. A lot of my friends went through with a class they didn't want and got a "C" instead of W'ing it..i already have a W, if i dont drop this class which im pretty sure im gonna get a C or D in it could bring my GPA down to a 3.4, 3.5...so if i end up dropping it i'll have 2 W's..a lot of people said it looks really bad, so im confused

Comment

I would then suggest you call up any medical school admissions office and ask them which looks better, a C or a W. Ask for an advisor when calling. *smile*
          "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

If its one 'W' & rest of ur GPA is fine & u can confidently say i couldnt be satisfied with C or D in this course so i withdraw it, bcos i know i can get an A in this one next time. It sounds good, but if u have 3-4 W

While rest of the world was busy mating I was Moderating Cafe and lost my jawani.

Comment

No, do u know how stupid my advisor is? shes like a freakkin TA, shes been in the lab for too long, i already asked her she said a W doesn't do anything, but then why is everyone else against it?

Comment

lol thats the problem, i'll have 2

Comment

Call up the admissions department of a med school you DO NOT want to go to and ask them!
                  Boycott Venezuelas State owned Citgo.

Buy Royal Dutch Shell gasoline!

Comment

go for a W

They won't even look at you if your GPA drops below a certain number...

Comment

1 or 2 W's dont mean anything. I answered this in teh C&A section post also. read that.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
                      X