Kindered spirits...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kindered spirits...

I have always been fascinated by the lives people lead...I can only imagine how amazingly lucky(?) Allah :swt: is to be who He is...Being able to sense and see every microscopic aspect of a human's life from his birth to demise and to witness all that a person goes through, what he learns and how he grows...If every human's life were to be stored in all its miniscule details in a library, what an interesting library that would be...And Allah :swt: owns that library and has read each and every book...

But if I were given access to such a library, the books that would truly interest me would be of those people that have left a legacy of thoughts...Many of them, I believe would be under the section titled 'Losers', but nevertheless, would have been those that had tried to think differently...

What truly amazes me and inspires me are people who had such strong convictions that they were willing to die for it...Socrates, Galileo, the Prophets and yes, even extremists...My interest in their lives would be search for that jewel in their lives that made them so different from others and not be fazed by it...What made their convictions so strong, so powerful that even the fear of death couldn't stave them off...

You see, out of 6 billion people on the planet, to rise above them with an ideology that many hate and would want to kill for, is not an easy task...I am not talking about politicians or media personalities or singers, but those people who are willing to die for what they believe in...What a life they must have led to have achieved such profound confidence in their belief...

Whenever I go to a desi dawat or a get together, almost everyone is chatting things up hoo haa everywhere...They don't interest me...In fact many times I have trouble making small talk...My eyes seek a face that is different in expression...Many times I find those faces usually in corners of such get-togethers...

There can be a million programmers, doctors, lawyers and god knows what around the world, but there can be only one individual with a thought all his own...A thought I would love to listen to, a thought that is different...Everyone talks about gas prices, girls, fashion and they all lead their lives in such a mundane fashion, that if ever a book was written on their lives, it would put its readers in a coma...Born blah blah, studied blah blah, received degree blah blah, hired blah blah, married blah blah, had kids blah blah and died blah blah...Same Hindi filmi charba...

But the individual is different...He may be a loser, but he is a loser with a cause and he is not unhappy...He had tried at something and failed, but he had tried and in his trials and failures he had led a path that gave him such profundity as to make his life a living example, even in failure...That's why somehow I always enjoy their company, and their path to failure makes for an amazing discussion...

That's why I have such high regards and respect for extremists...Someone once said to me, those that can't do anything become religious...At that time I kind of half heartedly accepted that fact, however I was not satisfied...After 9/11 cases came out in which succesful people from Australia, Britain and America were in Afghanistan fighting besides the Taliban so that theory went out the window...Not to mention Osama Bin Laden himself is loaded...What would anyone have done with that money?

As an Arab, if Osama had bought a condo in Florida, bought a Ferrari, bought a yacht and what not, we would have cursed him because he is an Arab who throws his money around and doesn't care about fellow Muslims...But since he left his millions and he fights with the Taliban for Muslims, we curse him for fighting against American imperialism...We are a confused bunch no less thanks to our weak and feeble convictions...

So in summary, I have a great deal of respect for anyone with strong convictions...That is why I have repect for Hijabans, because despite the way they are looked down upon, they have the guts to stick to their convictions...That;s why I respect Mullahs, that despite the way they are looked down upon today, they live proudly with their convictions, happy...

People say it is intelligence which divides man from animals, I say its convictions...For if there is no conviction enough in you to refrain from animalistic behaviour, you might as well be an animal...For what animal has conviction except to survive...And the more conviction the person has, the more human he is, for it is only humans which have the capability to die for something they believe in...

Who cares about grass? It grows thin, small and tiny so it move with the wind, it is only the tree that grows tall and powerful, and even if the wind tears it down, it leaves a history of events in itself for all to see...
    Focus not on who you are but what you do...
    ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Re: Kindered spirits...

Originally posted by Lajawab:
    I have always been fascinated by the lives people lead...I can only imagine how amazingly lucky(?) Allah :swt: is to be who He is...Being able to sense and see every microscopic aspect of a human's life from his birth to demise and to witness all that a person goes through, what he learns and how he grows...

yes it is...CIA wishes it has these powers

If every human's life were to be stored in all its miniscule details in a library, what an interesting library that would be...And Allah :swt: owns that library and has read each and every book...

I thought he wrote these books of our lives? now he is reading them too? too much time this guy has on hand.

But if I were given access to such a library, the books that would truly interest me would be of those people that have left a legacy of thoughts...Many of them, I believe would be under the section titled 'Losers', but nevertheless, would have been those that had tried to think differently...

What truly amazes me and inspires me are people who had such strong convictions that they were willing to die for it...Socrates, Galileo, the Prophets and yes, even extremists...My interest in their lives would be search for that jewel in their lives that made them so different from others and not be fazed by it...What made their convictions so strong, so powerful that even the fear of death couldn't stave them off...

You see, out of 6 billion people on the planet, to rise above them with an ideology that many hate and would want to kill for, is not an easy task...I am not talking about politicians or media personalities or singers, but those people who are willing to die for what they believe in...What a life they must have led to have achieved such profound confidence in their belief...

it is not that hard to do..close your mind, let someone hypnotise you and take control over you heart and mind..and boom...there it go. many a times we have seen faces of serial killers, rapists and mass murderers faces glwoing and calm without any emotion ready to go on the electric chair...there is nothing great about having the courage to die for soem belief...living for one is harder

Whenever I go to a desi dawat or a get together, almost everyone is chatting things up hoo haa everywhere...They don't interest me...In fact many times I have trouble making small talk...My eyes seek a face that is different in expression...Many times I find those faces usually in corners of such get-togethers...

I have found such people in corners mostly smoking bhang and living in their own worlds...wise people usually run away from those corners.

There can be a million programmers, doctors, lawyers and god knows what around the world, but there can be only one individual with a thought all his own...

what a crap...scientists engineers and doctors who can think and dig the deepest scientific facts don't have a thought of their own? no offense but that is bs

A thought I would love to listen to, a thought that is different...Everyone talks about gas prices, girls, fashion and they all lead their lives in such a mundane fashion, that if ever a book was written on their lives, it would put its readers in a coma...Born blah blah, studied blah blah, received degree blah blah, hired blah blah, married blah blah, had kids blah blah and died blah blah...Same Hindi filmi charba...

more..I am such a philospher bs....

But the individual is different...He may be a loser, but he is a loser with a cause and he is not unhappy...He had tried at something and failed, but he had tried and in his trials and failures he had led a path that gave him such profundity as to make his life a living example, even in failure...That's why somehow I always enjoy their company, and their path to failure makes for an amazing discussion...

who is this individual? now you are scaring us off..this soundsliek someone fbi needs to know about.

That's why I have such high regards and respect for extremists...

I wrote the above fbi comment I did not read this line..am I genius or what??

Someone once said to me, those that can't do anything become religious...At that time I kind of half heartedly accepted that fact, however I was not satisfied...After 9/11 cases came out in which succesful people from Australia, Britain and America were in Afghanistan fighting besides the Taliban so that theory went out the window...Not to mention Osama Bin Laden himself is loaded...What would anyone have done with that money?

yes it is very attrative profession...most of the educated physicists, chemists, engineers and Oracle guys are going into it.

As an Arab, if Osama had bought a condo in Florida, bought a Ferrari, bought a yacht and what not, we would have cursed him because he is an Arab who throws his money around and doesn't care about fellow Muslims...But since he left his millions and he fights with the Taliban for Muslims, we curse him for fighting against American imperialism...We are a confused bunch no less thanks to our weak and feeble convictions...

..yes only if we had stronger convictions and not feel guilty after killing nuts.

So in summary, I have a great deal of respect for anyone with strong convictions...That is why I have repect for Hijabans,

now you come down to the point. Now you are talking....help help...any hijaban listening???

because despite the way they are looked down upon, they have the guts to stick to their convictions...That;s why I respect Mullahs, that despite the way they are looked down upon today, they live proudly with their convictions, happy...

I suppose you must have lot of respect for Jeffrey Dahmer too..he was so strong and so peaceful and so strong in his convictions that he did not stop after eating 1 , 2 , 3 or 4 humans.

People say it is intelligence which divides man from animals, I say its convictions...

finally something we can agree on. Amen.

For if there is no conviction enough in you to refrain from animalistic behaviour, you might as well be an animal...For what animal has conviction except to survive...And the more conviction the person has, the more human he is, for it is only humans which have the capability to die for something they believe in...

Who cares about grass? It grows thin, small and tiny so it move with the wind, it is only the tree that grows tall and powerful, and even if the wind tears it down, it leaves a history of events in itself for all to see...
    now I am all tears.

Here is another wise man who said somethign about convictions

"The problem in the world is that stupids are cock sure and intelligent ones are full of doubt."

Comment

Thanks for the comments CM...

Maybe I am one of the stupids, but only if having convictions and being cock sure were the same thing your final statement would have been a great ending to your whole argument...

Leave it to the stupids to think stuff up...
      Focus not on who you are but what you do...
      ])>:::}-:Salams:-{:::<([

Comment

Working...
      X