Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the country you lived in put a ban on hijab, what would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the country you lived in put a ban on hijab, what would you do?

I had a discussion with someone on this topic. The question was, if you wear hijab and your country put a ban on it in schools, and you attended school, what would you do? Leave the country? Take it off? Change to home schooling? Go to private school? What if you couldnt afford private school? Wear a hat and a scarf around your neck?

Lets also say its your child that was in school and your child chose to wear hijab, what would you do? Thanks.
    "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Munni I recently heard that hijab is not compulsory if you are living in a non-muslim country. What I make of it is that if the non-muslim country doesn’t allow the women to observe hijaab it is no longer compulsory for them. If that is a fact and I was a hijaab observer living in such a state I would either quit hijaab or quit living in that country instead of creating a ruckus.

Comment

I would make a ruckus. Freedom is such a pile of shyte...it's qualified with a thousand buts. Khair, i don't wear one but if someone told me tomoz they were banning something i did or do i sure as hell would be incensed.

Comment

Originally posted by Femme Fatale:
        Munni I recently heard that hijab is not compulsory if you are living in a non-muslim country.
        I think the majority opinion atleast in sunni fuqiha is that it is compulsary regardless of where you are living. People may disagree but this is my understanding from what I have read. But I dont want this to turn into a discussion on if its compulsary or not.

Now lets say what I stated above is true, you would move house?

Comment

Femme, where did you hear this fatwa?

Comment

munni ur correct its compulsery ppl like her above u claimiung it isn't compulsory obviously don't know wat they r on about!! and i swear if i was a muslim women i would wear the hijaab where ever i go and c wat they do to me!!!!!

islam zindabad, shaitaani duniya murdabad

peace

Comment

I read about it..some Iranian leader gave the fatwa. And i'm sure a thousand other leaders will argue to the contrary and so on and so forth..

Comment

To the best of my recollection they were saying so on tv.

LUC since you are not a women lets have u grow a beard and wear your pants with ur ankles uncovered. Im sure there r no laws against that. What's keeping you? Just get back to your bollywood crap since thats the only time you know what ur on about.

Comment

LUC, and while you are at it, can you please cut down on the Bollywood gossip crap?. Gracias.

Comment

on the split side, if you lived in a country that made it mandatory for you to wear a burqaa even though you dont think that is required, would you stay there or would u move?

P.S. Until france stops days off on sunday and dec 25th etc, i would say this whole separation of religion in classrom deal is BS
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

dunno.. don't care.. but if they forced me to keep a beard. i'd have to use my ustra for something other than shaving myself..
                      JaddoN kaddya jaloos ghareeba tay shehr ich choatalee lug gayee

Comment

Originally posted by Fraudz:
                        on the split side, if you lived in a country that made it mandatory for you to wear a burqaa even though you dont think that is required, would you stay there or would u move?

P.S. Until france stops days off on sunday and dec 25th etc, i would say this whole separation of religion in classrom deal is BS
                        Fraudz, thats another question altogether.

What would you do in this scenario that I presented?

If you are uncertain of what you would do, please say so, as this may also be the case. Thanks.

Comment

I would start a campaign that would educate not only the people in power but public in general that it's not the best way to go forward.
                          I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
                          - Robert McCloskey

Comment

I have a problem with anything forced; be it living in some parts of the world where the hijab is forced and worn simply out of necessity or in places like Turkey and France where the hijab is being forced off. The whole beauty of a democracy, IMHO, is that we have a choice in most cases (not including family pressure) .... we can either wear it or we don't have to wear it. If I wore a hijab and I was thrown out of school for wearing it, that would certainly piss me off. I would have to agree with Disco Duck. I would protest.
                            Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning how to dance in the rain.

Comment

wat if someone puts on a hijaab for fashion purposes and not religious ones?
                              Why so serious ... ?

Comment

Working...
                              X