Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When feelings go all wacky...should I consider myself mentally ill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By wacky I mean...

1. I've been hurt maybe like 15 times this total week. Normally, I'm a sensitive person, and I might cry privately or I'll vent or something. I felt a pang of hurt for an hour each time maybe (usually less), and then never thought twice about it.

2. On the other hand, I just found out that my friend is doing something that I've always wanted to do, but just never had the time or the guts to do it - and I'm jealous. On top of it, I'm feeling guilty that I'm feeling jealous. And now, I want to cry. I've always despised people who feel envy of successful people, and now, I've become what I despise.

I mean, my feelings are all over the place. At things which I would expect to be really hurt by, I'm not. At things which I would expect not to be hurt by, I am.

Okay, so psychoanalyze me you jawan Freudians.

Maybe I'm going bipolar now. Time for a psychologist, or are these normal ups and downs of life?

Urgh, maybe you can call it PMS...but I've been like this for months.
    I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Watch an ad for prozac and call me in the morning. Seriously though, I just think you are going through a phase of increased sensitivity like many other things this too shall pass...what has been different about the past few months? tensions? hard work etc?

Comment

Re: When feelings go all wacky...should I consider myself mentally ill?

Originally posted by PyariCgudia:

I mean, my feelings are all over the place. At things which I would expect to be really hurt by, I'm not. At things which I would expect not to be hurt by, I am.

but I've been like this for months.
      Can you elaborate on these two statements?
      "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

The title of the thread ..... No

.... are these normal ups and downs of life?
        Yes .... just my thoughts

Under stress for the past few months?

Comment

under stress for the past 5 years.

I'm off to the books. I'll write more later.
          I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

Re: When feelings go all wacky...should I consider myself mentally ill?

Originally posted by PyariCgudia:

2. On the other hand, I just found out that my friend is doing something that I've always wanted to do, but just never had the time or the guts to do it - and I'm jealous. On top of it, I'm feeling guilty that I'm feeling jealous. And now, I want to cry. I've always despised people who feel envy of successful people, and now, I've become what I despise.
            envy is very underrated. i find i perform best when im envying someone else because then, i have some goal in mind . turn it into a positive, if you like what shes doing so much, go ahead and do it.

Maybe I'm going bipolar now. Time for a psychologist, or are these normal ups and downs of life?
            we wouldnt be so interesting if we were so predictable. i still havent found the golden mean between introspection and utterly unbridled who-i-am but its there. im guessing you're spending too much time worrying about why you are what you are, and doing too little to actually do something to help the situation. i guess im saying that because i've been there..and we're biased to cast the world in our mould. anyway..good luck.
            Din-e-Mullah fee sabeelillah fasad (Allama Iqbal)

Comment

When will be mentally ill, ur power of consideration will automatically go away and you will not be able to consider.

Comment

Working...
              X