Hedge Patel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hedge Patel

My manager was listening over some voicemails for the 'pong' who was off sick today. She couldn't quite figure out what this one chaps name was so she calls me over to have a listen..

Sumariya i think he said Hedge Patel..

So i listen and sure enough there's a message right there...

'Hi, it's Mr H Patel'..i couldn't stop laughing..why is the desis ( pak indo bengals ) pronounciation of select words like H so distinctly different. Even my dad does it..so no picking on particular people here

Tell me about it. This friend's dad speaks in the desi-est accent I have ever heard. He befriended a gora on some flight and got his phone number down. Upon arriving in the USA, he decided to ring him up. You know how important it is for desis to have gora friends. Anyway, I happened to be there when he called his friend, Harry Symcox. This is what I heard... "Hayllo...yes..yes...haylo...can I taak too Harri Symcaaks? (He repeated it like three times without a zilch reduction in the accent) ...Okay, tell him I called... (apparently they asked for his name on the other end)... "

He gave out his name and number and I ran to the bathroom.

Comment

Wery bad wery bad, paleez make sure that this vas just a one taym thing
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

FG
        "... te hun gall aithe mukdi!"

Comment

Madhanee, please don't take this personal. I understand if you have an accent. It's too bad I haven't heard it yet.

Comment

Mushy has a fauji accent. Even his Urdu is accented. It seems as if he is talking to the Jawaans. "Paiti tight karo", "Seena taan ker chalo", "Chalo Ganjay, tum tau muluk say baahar niklo".

Please don't tell me you are from Shaista Zaid era of Evening English news. I've heard she still comes on. I mean on the news.

Comment

Madhoo, all of a sudden ravage's accusations start to make sense. You sure do talk out of your ass sometimes. How is Guruji?

Comment

Now now...don't get personal. You are criticizing me and not my views...wah wah wah

Comment

Some desi accented phrases

u son aaf *****
                  canna taakto mate (can i talk to matt)

hmmm what else!

Comment

^ shaaat aaaaap
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

O you fullish naansense

Comment

paleezz istaap this (avg desi)
                        paleez sa-taaap this (punjabis)
                        Paleej ishtaap dis (gujjus)

Comment

^ This is hilarious....does anyone remember "Basheera in Trouble: The first Punjabi movie in English" on Fifty Fifty?

Comment

do indians elsewhere also use the word "funda" a lot..from describing elephants to eggs?
                            Din-e-Mullah fee sabeelillah fasad (Allama Iqbal)

Comment

Originally posted by mufakkar:
                              ^ This is hilarious....does anyone remember "Basheera in Trouble: The first Punjabi movie in English" on Fifty Fifty?
                              yep, recently got the 50-50 vcds from pak. will capture the audio from them and post
                              I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Comment

Working...
                              X