Quotation of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quotation of the Day

“I would like nothing better than to see you die, Mr. Mickenny. However, this is the time to begin the healing process, to show mercy to someone who refused to show any mercy”.

Dennis Shepard, father of Methew Shepead, to Aron Mickenny, one who killed his son because he was Gay.

Based on the request by Mathew’s parents, the Judge has changed the sentenced from Death Penalty to Life imprisionment without the possibility of parole.

This is the highest form of humanity, and my heart goes out to the parents of Mathew Shepard.

Total agreement NY.

Damn this world of ours who cant accept people the way they are.

I heard Newton was Gay, didnt stop him from coming up with them ideas!!!

Comment

I was actually pretty disturbed by the Mathew Sheapard case as well. Not only did they kill him, they tortured him, he was tied and beaten, found alive but not in enough time to save his life. I was very homophobic before coming to Toronto, but I'm starting to change myself, living in the gay ghetto has helped me see a broader view. I still don't accept their lifestyle, but neither do I accept such intolerance.

It does take a big heart to allow his killers to live...I don't think I would be able to make the same decision.

Achtung

Comment

The concept of homosexuality was very new to me when i came to America in 1995. I didnt know it existed till I came to the US. Why dont things about gays happen in Pakistan or anywhere else in the world besided USA AND CANADA?

Comment

I agree 200% with you NYA.

Comment

Fanatic...there are homosexuals all around the world. They've been around since the beginning of time...hence their mention in old religious scriptures.

They are around in Pakistan too, but its all hush hush. Not too many people want their neighbors to know - its not good for ones izat or health for that matter - in some instances it could be dangerous.

Achtung

Comment

Hey all

Sad topic http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif

It's the ninety's I think a little tolerance is need.

Although I can't say it's a lifestyle choice I would make myself. But I don't think I could hate someone so much just based on their sexuality. Live and let live. I have a great deal of respect for his parents, I don't think I could show mercy to someone who killed my son.

Fanatic, homosexuals exist in other parts of the world but social taboos keep them in the closet.

Comment

Working...
              X