Ultimate prestige...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimate prestige...

For a Pakistani , what should be the ultimate word...
    The Koran....or
    The Constitution of Pakistan...

First of alll Islam does not alow NATIONALISM...EX. pakistani, bangli, egyptian, saudi, etc. THOSE NAMEs DOES NOT EXIST IN ISLAM. no matter who you are, color, ancesterial back ground under islam you are equal. FOR A MUSLIM ONLY QURAN IS Ultimate prestige, and not constitution of pakistan, which have been kicking them for last 50 years.

Jaawan

------------------
    Till next time***K_I_S_S***

Comment

Education.

Jawan: Pakistan is not a land for muslims only.

ciao,
      BoSS

Comment

Pakistan is a secular country and based on that the ultimate authority should be the Law of the Land.

Whether the constitution is the appropriate document is debatable. Subsequent goverenments have deformed this document so much that it is barely recognizable and nor does it hold value.

Pakistan should adopt something similar to the United States Bill of Rights. These offer in many respects the very best of Islamic rights to everyone in the United States.

Why is it that we are at a point in history that the West has taken every thing good about Islam and applied it to their communities and we have going deeper and deeper into isolation in the name of tradition and Islam? Why is it that the Islam practiced in the context of politics in Muslim countries resembles nothing of what the Prophet taught us.

My point is best illustrated by the discriminatory practices of the Taliban, Saudi Arabia, and Iran.

I look forward to your comments

------------------
        Imad Khan
        Senior Market Strategist
        Aegis Financial, LLC

Comment

Jawaan,

Existence of Nationalism is very natural among nations. That's how we got Pakistan at the first place. One's natural tendency in affliating to his/her country of birth and idenfication as a member of society is quite natural. However, at collective level (i.e. at global level) extreme nationalistic idealogy leads to what Hitler did which is absolutely immoral on the other hand. And I think that's the level of nationalism Islam prohibits and deters.

There is nothing wrong in identifying oneself as Punjabi, Sindhi, or Baluchi since the underlying geographic areas have their own unique, rich cultures and people relate and practise them. And that's the very basis of diversity among people. Nonetheless, when this geographic and cultural distinction crosses the bounderies and revolts prejudice only then it is undersirable. Realistically, you can't stop people from relating to their cultures and geographic identities, you just don't want it to get to the point where it becomes deteriarating to the very existence of the nation itself. Elimination of nationalism right from the very roots is an extreme view of the concept that Islam offers.

BoSS,

That's absolutely true.

Imad,

Totally agree to your view on Bill of Rights. Good point on
          ...and we have going deeper and deeper into isolation in the name of tradition and Islam?
          But I don't think your saying of Pakistan IS a secular country is true. If you say Pakistan SHOULD be a secular country then that's a different thing. Now, whether or not there is any deformity in the constitution of Pakistan in terms of any contextual meanings to what it should proclaim, if it declares the country as Islamic, then that's what it is.

Also, aside from the debate on what it should represent and whether or not its dictation is practised to its fullest essence, it is still the highest-level official document. And you can't deny what it defines unless and until it is changed.

Comment

I'm going to move this to politics..please respond there.

Oh in case you are wondering there a couple of threads in general that I'm not sure where they belong and...I allowing the conversation to develop before I move it.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by kashmirigirl (edited November 01, 1999).]

Comment

Working...
            X