Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never hear such articles from pakistan

http://www.timesofindia.com/today/21mbom18.htm

Reagan, I have backed you up on many an occasion in the past because the points you had brought up were valid, this is just a pathetic attempt on your part to put down Pakistan, it is very chichora on your part.

I can take the time to tell you about the accomplishments of young Pakistanis, but I don't have time for such child like competitions. Grow up Reagan, everything is not a pissing contest.

Comment

Ahmed,

I posted that in response to some comments by Pakistanis here about how ugly Indian women are and so on..I don't want to get into all the details about those previous posts. Anyway, if you have something interesting to post, do POST. I would like to know. At least I never read much in any reputed magazines/journals/newspapers about Pakistani IT achievements.

Comment

Reagen,
        You are right(although "never" probably isnt true)India has a better system of primary education and definitely some very high class post graduate schools, and sure it reflects in their achievements....
        In addition to that , in pakistan first cousin marriages are very common, although there are no good studies to prove taht , but there is a good chance of poor genetic diversity effecting intelligence. The effect may not be large enough to appear in everyday life , but can possibly move the whole bell curve, with no or very few ,high achievers...

Comment

But Pakistan is producing some of the best fast bowlers consistently. Fast bowling not only requires physical fitness but also tremendous hard work and dedication. Except for Punjabi/harynvi Kapil, Indians, whose national anthem is 'chalata hain' have not got anyone with more than 150 wkts. As Bishen Bedi says, it is the hardest job in cricket. So cousin marriages do not seem to affect production of good sportsmen.

I think in general, Punjabi and Pathan traditions and social systems give lot more emphasis on physical superiority than intellectual achivements. Pakistan is in that sense unique among asian countries. Correct me if I am wrong.

[This message has been edited by ZZ (edited October 23, 1999).]

Comment

There is no shortage of brains in Pakistan. Maybe priorities are mixed up as pointed out by ZZ. After all, Europeans are generally pretty dull-minded but they have achieved a lot because their kids are given a better education. it is lack of opportunity rather than lack of ability. There are more than enough intelligent people in Pakistan to produce a successful nation but the structure has to be there in the first place.

Comment

whats wrong at this site folks
              icould find any thing anoying
              or is it that 16 years old master mind kid you are talking about
              what wrong with him

Comment

THanks shezi..i agree

Comment

Working...
                X