Are Qadyaneese really that Bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Qadyaneese really that Bad?

It would be dishonest to say that the Post “Ahmadis are ****, etc” by Member Criminal did not raise my eyebrows (more as a Shock, and not as Anger). It sure caught my attention. I did NOT find it offensive or derogatory, it was just a simple ‘exhaustment of feelings’ by Criminal. Very understandable.

I do however feel that I should say a few things. ‘Hate’ is everywhere. Human beings generalize all the time, ahead of time about everyone and everything. A large part of it may be hardwired. At some point in our evolution, being able to know beforehand who was friend or foe was not merely a matter of philosophical reflection. It was a matter of survival. And even today it seems impossible to feel a loyalty without also feeling a disloyalty, a sense of belonging without an equal sense of unbelonging. Perhaps it is enough for ‘haters’ that they share a sentiment that there is too much hate and never enough vigilance in combating it. But sentiment is a poor basis of this realization, and a dangerous tool to live your life by. It is better to leave some unwinnable wars unfought.

Once you start thinking of these behaviours less as (hate, prejudice, etc.) and more as (independent psychological responses) its also possible to see how they can work in bewildering variety of ways in a bewildering number of people. To take one obvious and sad oddity: people who are demeaned and objectified in society may develop an aversion to their tormentors that is more hateful in its expression than the prejudice they have been subjected to.

All I am trying to say is that such posts do not reflect the points that you may be trying to make. It makes you look more as a foolish person with no imagination and thoughts. If that is what your goal is then that is fine. But if your goal is to ridicule me, you have not done that. And trust you me, you will never be able to (at least not with posts like that). Show me some challanging stuff.

In one other post a member suggests, that Ahmadis disassociated themselves from me. What does that mean? I think what the member was trying to insinuate was that Ahmadis are just like anyone else, they can associate and disassociate. Thanks to that member.

Sounds like I am gonna have to find some time to go to Politics and read that post.

People like you make me realize how strongly I believe in the things that I do
    That's a quote of the day for me.

Comment

We or shall i say I dont hate or dislike any human being, but i do dislike when that human being does something BAD. What quadiyaanies believe has caused islam great harm and thats why some people are angry.

Jaawan

------------------
      Till next time***K_I_S_S***

Comment

JawaanG, I'm not too clear on what you mean by "great harm to Islam"? What I would consider a greater harm to Islam would be for example, the way the term Islam has become associated with terrorism here in the western world. How surprised people are when I tell them the word Islam means Peace, because they cite numerous things going on in the Arab (Muslim) world, in some African countries, etc. etc. all in the name of Islam. Somehow, I can't recall ever hearing any westerners tell me how horrible it is that those Ahmadies have these different views - they've never even heard of Ahmadies - but boy do they know about the latest terrorist act done in the name of Islam. I really feel it is time that we Muslims unite as a whole and remove the tarnish from our good image. It won't happen if we continuously fight amongst ourselves. I never understand why Ahmadies pose such a threat to my belief - none I've ever known has held a knife to my throat insisting I change, so why should I be bothered by them? One needs to keep a focus on what is truly important in this life, and really try to fix those things that do indeed cause harm to our good name.

Comment

What quadiyaanies believe has caused islam great harm and thats why some people are angry.
          Dude ur dead wrong http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif

[This message has been edited by nadia21 (edited October 02, 1999).]

Comment

NY Ahmadi wrote: "people who are demeaned and objectified in society may develop an aversion to their tormentors that is more hateful in its expression than the prejudice they have been subjected to."

Paris (militant black rapper) called it the "hate that hate made". Do you think either "expression" of the victim or tormentor is justifiable? The tormentor is to blame for the initiation of the cycle. The victim responds to that expression of hate, often with greater violence than the initial 'expression'. I guess we get into that 'violence' vs 'non-violent' argument. Both are means to the same end.

NY Ahmadi wrote: "Once you start thinking of these behaviours less as (hate, prejudice, etc.) and more as (independent psychological responses)..."

Hate and prejudice may arise from independent psychological reasnoning, but so can love, as well as a number of other wonderful emotions. I don't think any of us should look at hate as just an 'independent psychological response', because hate has the power to hurt others, thats what makes it different from other responses. If we simply refer to hate as an independent response, we ignore that hurt and the subsequent effects that hurt has on society (as you've so eloquently pointed out - 'the hate that hate' makes).

Its a good post, Qadianis aren't "bad". We just have differences in our beliefs, those should be discussed in a congenial manner, not a confrontational one, which only seeks to demean and insult.

Achtung

Comment

As i said...Islam has been bombarded from many side terrorism, sect creation, not following the true religion that is in Quran and Hadith. Quadiyanies have said that there ahmad the leader that they follow is prophet or something like that...thats a great harm to Islam. I believe it is...you dont have to agree with me. In quran allah says there will be no prophet after Mohammad...now they are presenting quran and islam the wrong way even though they are not part of islam anymore. They are making quran look false in the eyes of many people, that there is a prophet after mohammad, which is totally wronge. When god is telling us that there is NO prophet after Mohammad, and there is NONE, but what these people are doing is calling god a lier....hope u get my point if not then will try to go into farther deepness....

Jaawan

------------------
              Till next time***K_I_S_S***

Comment

Working...
              X