Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should children be....

...hit for any reason whatsoever?
    In my opinion, hitting wont do no good, only make the kid hate you or think lowly of you.
    Its a common practice to hit kids in school and home alike in most of Pakistan. Shouldnt something be done about it?
    What do you think?

i dont know about others, but i prefer not to hit children, or adults for that matter. as a child i found that yelling was a lot more effective with me. i dont like to yell either, dunno what im going to do with my kids.

------------------
    Learn to love yourself, then learn to love one-another
    "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

ShpookiG and MunniG, neither hitting nor yelling has ever been proven to be an effective means of teaching children. Any form of violence, no matter big or small, is never a solution to anything. Children need clear guidance and boundaries established, and consistency should be exercised when those boundaries are tested (and believe me, they will be tested). There are no easy ways to raise children and sadly, parents don't need to go through any formal training to become parents (is it any wonder that hitting,etc. occurs so frequently world-wide?) I don't think that Pakistan is alone in the amount of hitting of children that occurs there. One can only strive to educate oneself on different ways of child-rearing, in hopes of finding a way suitable to one's own viewpoint. Always remember to pray constantly for guidance and forgivenenss from Almighty Allah.

[This message has been edited by AuntiG (edited September 27, 1999).]

Comment

...that depends on how one goes about hitting their children ........

its a very thorough topic to discuss and understand

but i agree that smacking is misused by many ppl

http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif

Comment

I am not going to sit and judge people who hit their kids. But let me just tell you that a beating by a leather belt, and a cricket bat on your butt with full swing (almost six runs) is very painful. And who can forget that “Danda-Bkash” in your middle and high school (unless you went to a Swiss school or a rich private school).

Hitting is totally bad! Those who do it don’t know what they are doing; hence they cannot be blamed for this. They need to be educated, and not made a target of dislike and cynicism.

Comment

NY, man that is so dammned bad. I know what you mean.
            Hit a Kid all you want, but then dont expect nothing out of him when he's all grown up...

Comment

Working...
            X