distracted by Gup Shup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

distracted by Gup Shup?

How many of you are distracted by Gup Shup so that you might sometimes neglect your responsibilities at home or at work?

For myself, I find that if I post something kind of controversial, I wonder all day long how people are responding. Most of my daytime work is at a computer, so it's hard to resist checking the site and maybe posting again, etc., etc. Sometimes I might sit and wait for a response from a particular participant who has said something irritating or intriguing. Anyone else? (I know, I need to get a life here)

Zara

Yep, blame it all on Azkar.

And how come nobody post 'intriguing' replies to my posts?? I protest.

And on responsibilities, I am not sure if there are any responsibilities at home (laundry, dishes, cleaning... they are not responsibilities, just plain inflictions) that I neglect, but at work I usually log on when it is kinda slow (which it is these days) so no harm done so much so far.

Comment

... and then i wonder why it never picks up the pace at work...

yes, zara.. gupshup can be distracting at times. its getting a bit slow these days though, and i fear my boss might start getting used to the fast pace of work... so, before that happens, need to put in a couple of flaming posts, shake things around a bit!

lets start with Roman, heheh. he says.. "(laundry, dishes, cleaning... they are not responsibilities, just plain inflictions) that I neglect, "

now you want to blame gupshup for dirty apartment, filthy dishes and unwashed clothes as well, huh... eewwwww!

Comment

I would'nt say distractive - its addictive!

And every addiction has risk of some kind.

But I'm so glad I came here cos I've made loads of friends and I guess its you guys that have made me addicted to gupshap
        That was a nice thought by me!

One of my colleagues at work thinks I keep going onto some kind of chat/dating page.

[This message has been edited by Nageena Rani (edited September 08, 1999).]

Comment

:-> *evil-smile*

Comment

Yeah Zara!!! You guys sucked me into this cesspool as well, I can't stay away for more than a couple of hours tops. I keep coming back to see if someone replied or responded to something I posted. It really affects my productivity. I think Pak.org should be held accountable for a lot lost productivity, THAT"S IT, I'm suing.

Comment

Ananya:
              dirty apartment, filthy dishes and unwashed clothes
              Hey, don't you expose my secret life to others

Comment

"Secret life"! Now that's intriguing!

Comment

not a distraction for me. when i first joined i used to check responses to my posts often, now i check only when i have time, which isnt that often. school stuff comes first!

boi boi. smile!

------------------
                  Learn to love yourself, then learn to love one-another
                  "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

Is this question for Senior Citizens...err..members only??????

Akmal

Comment

Nopes.Not distracting at all.Unless I'm engaged in a battle of wits with someone on the forum,I can usually stay away for days.

------------------
                      Fear of death is a delusion
                      Harbored in the breast of sages;
                      He who lives a single springtime;
                      Is like one who lives for ages.
                      ----Khalil Jibran.

Comment

very addictive......lol...nageena...datz what my friends think about me lol
                        22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

Working...
                        X