Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Phone

Friends,

There are several internet phone softwares available at www.tucows.com. I have tried "ering" and "mediaring". "ering" never worked for me (you also had to pay for calls). However, "mediaring" showed a little promise since you can also send voice e-mails to your friends. But, it started interfering with my com port used by my modem. Eventually, I had to uninstall this one as well. Please let me know if any one of you had any luck with either one of these or any other softwares in making internet toll free calls.

Rab Rakha

Jat saab i tried mediaring and it works fine here i wonder whats with your comp.?
    GUys free or almost free calls to pakistan if you can get APLIO from nearest computer store. Only one side needs it and that side has to have a internet connection. Only thing you pay is your APLIO's price and the internet service provider fee thats it the calls are free. TRY IT!!!

For more information please direct your browser to this link below Thank you!
    http://www.aplio.com/

Jaawan

------------------
    Till next time***K_I_S_S***

Comment

jawan, correct your info on Aplio phones.....it only works if both sides have a Internet connection and also have Aplio phones.....though you don't have to have a PC...Aplio can connect to Internet without PC....

CM

Comment

New technology has been released from the company that makes aplio, you only need it on one side and you dont have to have PC, just the internet connection!

Jaawan

------------------

Comment

Well actually I tried mediaring and it really helps. I guess its the best out of all of them since I got no other interruptions with other people trying to talk to you (like in Netmeeting) and plus the voice of the other person on the line was really clear. I used to talk to my brother in Pakistan from Mediaring and I got a very clear voice. In Netmeeting actually when I use to talk to people in Canada it use to work alot but if you want to make calls outsidde of North America, there was a very bad connection for it. Also in Netmeeting you had a large variety of people and you had to find out which person you want to talk to, overall mediaring is better! Don't get into Netmeeting, it wastes your time.

------------------
          "NASD" IS THE WORD I'M LOOKING FOR!!!!

Comment

Jawaaan I looked at the media ring website and there is nothing about internet connections on one side only.. could you giveme the link to where that is?

Comment

Its not MediaRing!!! Its APLIO i was talking about in which you need internet connection and that device on one side thats it and you talk on regular phone not in your computers mic!!! i think site is www.aplio.com

Jaawan

------------------

Comment

hey Jawaan
                I checked that out too (Aplio Phone 2.0). It still says you need an interenet connection at either end. Am i mising something?

Comment

YES you need internet connection on both sides but just one aplio on one side! Didnt i said that before oh well sorry if i didnt!!!

Jaawan

------------------

Comment

Working...
                  X