Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRINK UP!!!! Read this post its to your advantage!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRINK UP!!!! Read this post its to your advantage!!!

How many of you drink at least 2 litres of water daily?
    Alot of you would rather pull out a can of coke rather than a glass of water. BERY BERY BAD!!!!
    A can of coke has 11 TEASPOONS of sugar in it and caffein ko tu choor hee doo!
    How would you know if you're de-hydrated?
    Well here are some tell tell signs.
    1. your urine is a very dark yellow.
    2. press the skin on the back of your hand together. If it sticks together and pulls away after a few seconds, your dehydrated.
    3. The tip of your nose is dry.
    4. Your skin especially your face is dry, elbows and knees.

This is really serious. Not only is your bladder prone to infection but just imagine, when we wake up in the morning, we all like to take a shower to cleanse our bodies. We feel fresh and invigorated. well having at least 2 glasses of water first thing in the morning is like giving the inside of your body a shower.
    Its even more important to drink up as
    Our Pakistani khaney are enriched with ghee and oils, and we just love out mitaahees. So we need to drink water to dilute the fat and sugars. Did you know that eating a bag of crips dehydrates the body to the extent that 5 glasses of water will compansate the loss because of the salts in the crips. In the hot weathers its even more important as we pespire and lose moisture through sweat.

Drinking water will make your skin feel soft and radiant, otherwise skin becomes dry and fine lines and wrinkes emerge at a much quicker pace. So you age much quicker.... people who have skins problems like acne or rashes would need to drink water as it cleanses the skin naturally.

Start slowly. After reading this get up and have a glass now. Increase your intake slowly, from 2 glasses to three to four. Then one day you'll always be carrying a 2 L bottle around and filling it (like me).
    I know it will mean going to the loo a lot more, but then your cleaning the inside and you flush out toxic wastes more frequently.
    Its GREAT...... so drink UP!!!!!

Please comment on whether you found this post interesting and would you like to hear on other topics like, spots, hair problems, make up techniques, let me know!!!!!! Thanks for reading this!!!!!!
    Ps. You can always email me too!!!!!

------------------
    To handle yourself, use your head. To handle others, use your heart.

[This message has been edited by Nageena Rani (edited August 09, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Nageena Rani (edited August 09, 1999).]

Dear,

I am sure all will appreciate your concerns. Let dem tips coming in and if we get enough of these, we will move dem to their own forum. You can gauge the popularity by looking at the number of visits to your column. I would suggest a max one article per week. And choose topics that start with

Beauty Tip: blah blah ...
    Health Tip: blah blah ...

In the meantime, please use General forum only for these kind of posts.

Azkar Choudhry

Comment

tsk tsk ... i feel bad for the moderator on General.

dev "bleeding heart" uchka.

------------------
      Getting UNeducated is better than getting RAGged - Maulana Dev Photonvi.

Comment

hi

i liked it. it was informative. however, for certain tips in the future, sometimes a reference would be good (though home remedies for example, rarely have references). keep it coming!

General Tip: Smile once in awhile! its good for you!

------------------
        Learn to love yourself, then learn to love one-another
        "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

Water is precious

Comment

Roman ... and so are Nageenas

A very informative one .. keep 'em coming

What about coke n pepsi .. how often do u think a person who's fit can drink 'em ..n still keep him/herself in shape?

MR.

Comment

Very interesting--thanks for the advice Nageena rani
              keep it up!

Comment

Thanks Nageena it was informative
                Lekin aik question her size ke logoN ko 2L pani peena hota hai kya??

Comment

**well having at least 2 glasses of water first thing in the morning ***

Reference for the above is "Tib-e-Nabvi"

Comment

Any cure for splitends? http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif

Comment

Salaam,

Thanks ever so much for the advice.

Fizzy drinks are generally unhealthy and for those of us who often quench their thirst by such means, it can be harmful whether it's noticeable or not, particularly in the long term.

If you're a sports person then unhealthy drinking can also have a negative affect on performance and stamina.

Indeed, water is a true blessing from Allaah.

kindest regards,
                      LiQUiD iCE - from pure waters

Comment

120 visits to this posts, i'm so happy, you're all gonna be drinkers

Comment

Salaam Nageena, thanks for the informative post. A nice change from a lot of the garbage topics here.

tora paani piya, yaad Rab ko kiya.. bukh bi mit gayee, pyaas bhi buj gayee..........

Salaams

Comment

Hey, that is so true. I mean some years back, my skin was getting really dry so I asked my doctor what could I do to make it better other than use moistureizers and he said the exact same things. Cut back on carbonated drinks and drink tons and tons of water. Btw, I do like your tips, they are very helpful so thanx a bunch
                            Ciao

Comment

Dyamn...

you guys are talking about drinking water!!
                              ....I wasted all this time waiting for this thread to load.... and you are talking water..

sheesh
                              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X