Smoking!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking!!!!!

To get a gist of Gupshup smokers..... How many of you smoke?
    Why do you smoke?
    Do you think you can give up?

I'll start by answering this question.

I'm not a smoker but I would say that I have tried it and even bought some once.(During my UNI days) I guess when you buy your own - your a smoker. I hate the smell of smoke in a car, that makes feel sick.
    So what about you?

------------------
    To handle yourself, use your head. To handle others, use your heart.

I quit smoking coz it takes the taste out of chewing thumbakoo, especially after you have had a couple of bottles of coconut hooch.
    Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Smoking is definitely bad for you. Smell of the smoke aside, it is very bad for your health. Smoking pot is another thing. Pot is good, nicotine is bad. Nicotine is a stimulant, or an anti-depressant, but once one becomes addicted, it works the other way around. Whereas marijuana is a downer, it calms you down. I believe pot should be legalized. It is a good medicine for chronic pains and is not harmful if taken in moderation. Hashish (or chars) is also bad for you, because it is not a pure form of marijuana, and is chemically refined.

I don't smoke anything, but I believe that pot should be legalized.

Comment

I smoke, I know it's a filthy habit. However, since I bought a brand spankin new car 2 weeks ago, I don't smoke in it, I want to keep the new car smell forever. So I guess I've cut down a lot. Driving was when I smoked the most. I don't smoke at work, unless I'm out at lunch. So I'm at about half a pack a day.

Comment

Hey AAhmed
          I tried to surf onto your web page, NO PICTURES WHY??????
          Yeah stop smoking, did you know it increases wrinkles by at least 30%.

Comment

Nagina, you are right. It escalated to a habit from an occasional puff only after I started buying my own packets.

I think I can give up if I want to, but haven't really been motivated to do so yet. Tell me, whether a moderate consumption... say 5-6 ciggies a day... is also harmful in any alarming way.

NY: You might be right that marijuana is not harmful if taken in moderation. But it is also habit-forming and addictive right? I believe as an addiction it is more dangerous compared to smoking. As for legalization, i agree, all these law procedures glamourize and attach a sense of adventure with these things, that doesn't help in checking the misuse.

queer... chweing tobacco and coconut hooch? (raising an eyebrow)

Comment

Ananya,

Why? Is something wrong? Hot coconut toddy is great and is much cheaper than a firangi beer. And chewing tobacco is the best way to get rid of tartar. OkOk... i dont indulge in either vices, just an occasional beer, mostly financed by my friends, no fags, it reduces your lung capacity, and that's one thing an athelete like me can't compromise.
              Simple ain't easy.

Comment

nope nothing wrong, just thought it was queer... chewing tobacco especially brings to mind a very disgusting picture of someone going ptooyee and spitting. i told a friend of mine what i thought of his habit and he quipped 'at least i dont smoke and endanger other people around me'... that shut me up!

lung capacity is a good point. but i am not in any competitive sport, so it should be ok heheh. besides, smoking provides a nice 6-7 min break at work when one can step out from enclosed environment for a bit of 'fresh' air. you also come to know people from other departments on the smoking staircase which proves useful at times ;-)

whats up with firangi beer? what happened to good old kingfishers?

Comment

20 cigarretes a day keeps your wife away!
                  (Kissing a smoker is like kissing an ashtray!)

Never ever smoked and never ever will!

Comment

Ananya,

I think you've mistaken tobacco for paan, it's fun watching people prepare the tobacco, place it under their lower lip and chew it. Just close your eyes when you see their teeth though.

You dont need to be in a competitive sport to be at a disadvantage with a lower lung capacity, it could mean huffing and puffing all day. But that's a kinda advantage for a lady i suppose, especially when there are knight's in shining armors around. BTW, what does your mama think of your smoking? ;-)

Kingfisher? That's a carribean company, i think. Anyway, it costs as much as any other brand. :-(

Nageena,
                    Smoking increases wrinkles? What about Sharon Stone?
                    Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Queer: you see sharon stone with tons of make up, facelifts and soft camera lens. have you seen her in the morning?

[This message has been edited by Nageena Rani (edited August 13, 1999).]

Comment

She's had facelifts? http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif
                        Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Nageena, actually there ARE pictures on that page, for some reason, homepage.com is weird that way, you have to refresh and try again or else it won't work, but trust me, the pictures are there.

Comment

hi,

i dont smoke, and the smell of it gives me a headache after awhile. i used to be a biology major and when i read about what smoking can do to you, and what your lungs may look like after a few years of the stuff, i was horrified. i know people who've been scared straight from reading about it. some of you that want to quit but cant might try that. it may just work.

------------------
                            Learn to love yourself, then learn to love one-another
                            "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

queer, i am not mistaken... spitting is an integral part of chewing tobacco. watch some baseball game and you'd know what i mean.

knights in shining armour?.. hmmm thats an idea. see, smokin may have its advantages afterall! ;-)

my mom... quit reacting dramatically to anything i tell her cause last time she did that, i told her if she reacts in a similar fashion then next time around it wouldn't be I telling her myself, but she would have to find out from others now we talk it out more rationally. i don't hide or do things on the sly, and she trusts me. she is not happy about my smoking, but she's not overtly worried either. she knows i am a level-headed, sensible girl (!!) and i won't let it get out of control.

kingfisher is indian beer, isn't it? used to be the only affordable brand when i was in india. in hong kong its available only in couple of indian restaurants.

Comment

Working...
                              X