Inter-racial relationship/marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inter-racial relationship/marriage

Salaam! I am a new member to this message board and would like to share ideas and obtain advices from all of you. I am currently residing in USA. The question I have for you is: How do people in Pakistan think about inter-racial marriage such as Chinese-Pakistani, American-Pakistani or other cross-cultural marraiges in general? (If religion is not a problem). If you have any opinion regarding this question, please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]
    Thank you all very much.
    Allah Hafiz

I am not a Pakistan. But I think desis tend to praise and envy you if u marry a pretty gori or chinese girl and envy you for that.

Family reaction! i met a Pakistani professor in Europe. His son was married to American girl. He was telling "Kya hoor payi hai? wah wah!" He went further to advise "Yaar! tumbhi kuch karo. kafi hasinayen hain ajubaju." and in a bit light mood added "gaav jake shadi wadi mein kuch matlab nahi. ganga jana to ghar so lotabhar pani leke janene kya matlab" His rather progressive reaction could be because his son married that way and he felt rather to defend it or i donno.

Comment

I'm a Pakistani born American, I'm getting married to an American a month from now. My parents don't have a problem with it and have accepted her. I'm sure someone, somewhere, amongst my relatives, is talking behind my back, but I don't really give a rat's a$$ about that. My happiness means more to me than what people think of me.

Comment

Kher ... its a controvertial topic among youngs ... but I think 70% would agree that one should stick with his/her own kind, and I think to certain extent I agree with that as well though I was never interested to my own kind and I am still not very much, but I think in married life there are many things which u get for granted when u marry a person from ur own culture and religion. If u marry a goree then u have to teach her everything and there is always a difference between when u learn from ur childhood and when u start learning in ur adult age.

Comment

My advise is dont do it because you have to, if you need to then learn to deal with disparity for the rest of your life.

Whether your parents agree or not, its your life and you have to deal with the other person; Then come the kid/s; so have all that straightened out before you jump the boat !

Peace.

Comment

As long as she/he is not four legged or two legged of the same sex, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it PERIOD.

Any 300 pounders with teeth missing in any race (not 100 m, 200 m, 20 km etc.)? I am waiting.

Rab Rakha.

[This message has been edited by Jat (edited August 14, 1999).]

Comment

Working...
            X