Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats there in NY?

Hi people?
    I have been moving around the tristate area and now I am pretty close to NY. what are the must see place in NY? where would you goto in NY? anyone?

hmmmm lets see.....how abt Yonkers http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif

Comment

LOL
      so how's everything? *-)

Comment

good Alhamdulillah

how about U?

Comment

OOH YAAR EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING(you know what i mean)>?!

Jaawan

------------------
          Till next time***K_I_S_S***

Comment

Nope I dont jaawaan
            do tell me what there is in NYC casue so
            far I aint seen anything

Comment

Well for hmcq, NY is the largest city in the US. Go to Manhatten, THE BIG CITY! Go to Jackson heights and see the indian/paki stores. You name it, NY has it!

------------------
              Can anyone love each other like how Romeo and Juliet did?

Comment

NA juliet
                been there done that... what else???

Comment

If you been there done that why you asking you dnot know whats in NY? Oh so you came here and kept you eyes close bad idea!!

Jaawan

------------------
                  Till next time***K_I_S_S***

Comment

Jawaan Ji
                    LOL... no I did not keep my eyes closed, but I mean what else is there apart from those two places.... where would you be seen on a weekend?
                    Any suggestions for ths weekend...???

Comment

Okay hmcq, have yoiu looked at Mahatten at night? Have you gone to Long Island? Have you been to Staten Island, Bronx, Brooklyn, or Queens? Have you been to the Statue of Liberty? Have you seen Twin Towers? So did ya??

Comment

I advise u take LI expressway n drive straight into JFK ...

There is so much to see n do in NY ... just roaming around in manhattan would bore ya .. so take a ferry from staten island n go to the statue ...

In long island there r some huge shopping malls .. depends what kinda thing u r lookin for ...

MR.

Comment

Ok well I have not done the whole of NY... anyone else interested in showing me around? or rather anyone else interested in seeing NY?

Comment

hmcq , so not enough to see in NY , huh ?
                            ok,tried broadway shows ? maybe 'cats', or rollerbading in central park ?
                            u can have your palm read or have your potrait made on the street for less then 20 bucks....ah, there is so much to do in NYC, the list can go on.
                            waisey , yeah , i hear Yonkers is a nice place
                            i'll show u around, anytime
                            so how are you anyway?

Comment

hmcq:

I highly recommend Greenwich Village, SoHo, Tribecca----In Greenwich Village some really nice restaurants, especially of Middle Eastern variety. On McDougal St. there's the Olive Tree Cafe--nice. If you are interested in "Blues" or "Rock" music got to Terra Blues--they have live local bands--some times it is really great stuff.

If you visit Greenwich Village you will also be near NYU campus and Washington Square park where the famed author Henry James lived.

If you are interested in Art definitely do the museums. The Metropolitan Museum has some good exhibitions going on at the moment, and while you are there take a walk in Central Park.

The Cloisters an annex of The Met houses the Middle Ages collection of the museum--it is in Northern Manhattan. It is beautiful, also has an authentic Middle Ages Herb Garden.

I would definitely recommend the walking tour of all the prestigious neighborhoods i.e. Park ave, 5th ave, Madison ave, Lexington ave. Trump Towers on 5th would be an idea if you are interested in overpriced glitsy stores. FAO Shwarz (huge toy store--featured in Tom Hanks' movie "BIG")is another fun place to visit and just go nuts.

Also highly recommended is South Street Seaport---downtown by Wall Street. Some nice shops, and restaurants.

Buy a good NYC handbook from a bookstore that should help out a lot with more interesting places.

Have fun.....

Comment

Working...
                              X