No announcement yet.

u were beautiful yesterday, but not today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roman, its true that flower is the same but perception has changed. But that’s exactly my point that beauty is directly related to perception. When we say that the flower is ‘beautiful’ we don’t merely acknowledge that it has (for example) peach colour, sweet fragrance, unusual shape, etc… we also pronounce a ‘judgement’ that all those qualities are appealing. But can we say they would be absolutely appealing universally? In the reverse case, the same flower might appear ugly to someone else, would it be fit to say that the ‘ugliness’ of the flower is absolute? For same set of qualities there can be different judgements, and ‘beauty’ is a judgement statement. It would differ with individuals, their moods, light/shade of the day and so on.

That is the reason there is always a panel of judges for beauty pageants, ice dancing, diving, gymnastics, etc. To be fair to contestants they try to get an average consensus because absolute judgement on what is aesthetically appealing cannot be pronounced.

Again, there is standard taste to a dish with absolute number and quantities of ingredients, and is cooked in a defined manner. With a bird’s eye view you know about all the ingredients, sugar/spice level , exact recipe, etc. Yet, it may 'taste good’ for some, and 'taste bad’ for others. Neither goodness, nor badness can be said to be absolute.

And lastly, its my fourth post on the topic. For some this may be an admirable quality that shows my endurance and perseverance. Some may even reach for a dictionary and get a bird’s eye view on all the words and their meanings. And they still might conclude that this is rather irritating that I should go on so… heheh. Same ol' me, same /absolute number of words , yet different judgements on writing style.

‘beauty’, ‘ugly’, ‘taste good’, ’taste bad’… appreciation of things and phenomena… are not just the qualities/properties of those things (which are absolute), but they are judgements on those qualities, and hence cannot be absolute.

Comment

hmmm. You got a point there.

Comment

BEAUTY IS IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER, IT COMES IN MANY SHAPES AND SIZES SO DONT JUDGE SOME ONE IF THEY DONT LOOK LIKE YOU PUH-LEEZ !!!

JAAWAN

------------------
        Till next time***K_I_S_S***

Comment

Working...
        X