Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Wears the "PANTS" in the Family?

An interesting story that was written to celebrate Women'z History Month
    Mom and Dad were watching TV when Mom said, "I`m tired, and it`s getting late. I think I`ll go to bed." She went to the kitchen to make sandwiches for the next day`s lunches, rinsed out the popcorn bowls, took meat out of the freezer for supper the following evening, checked the cereal box levels, filled the sugar container, put spoons and bowls on the table and started the coffee pot for brewing the next morning. She then put some wet clothes into the dryer, put a load of clothes into the wash, ironed a shirt and secured a loose button. She picked up the newspapers strewn on the floor, picked up the game pieces left on the table and put the telephone book back into the drawer. She watered the plants, emptied a wastebasket and hung up a towel to dry. She yawned and stretched and headed for the bedroom. She stopped by the desk and wrote a note to the teacher, counted out some cash for the field trip, and pulled a textbook out from hiding under the chair. She signed a birthday card for a friend, addressed and stamped the envelope and wrote a quick note for the grocery store. She put both near her purse. Mom then creamed her face, put on moisturizer, brushed and flossed her teeth and trimmed her nails.

Hubby called, "I thought you were going to bed."

"I`m on my way," she said. She put some water into the dog`s dish and put the cat outside, then made sure the doors were locked. She looked in on each of the kids and turned out a bedside lamp, hung up a shirt, threw some dirty socks in the hamper, and had a brief conversation with the one up still doing homework. In her own room, she set the alarm, laid out clothing for the next day, straightened up the shoe rack. She added three things to her list of things to do for tomorrow.

About that time, the hubby turned off the TV and announced to no one in particular "I`m going to bed," and he did.

------------------

Admire the beauty of the rose, but beware of its thorns.

22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

blah...blah...blah...

Damn I wear pants...anyone got some objection...

Comment

Fata..nahi..just keep em on!!
      22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

This sounds like my house. Has somebody been spying?

Comment

nice

------------------
          Learn to love yourself, then learn to love one-another
          "O man! What has seduced thee from thy Lord Most Beneficent?" - Quran 82:6

Sponsor and choose an orphan at alyateem dot com

Comment

Mr. X...hehe we gotz spiez everywhere!!

munni

Comment

Woman is indeed superior to man! The article is a testimony to woman's intellect, compassion & dedication to her family.
              What-a woman!

Comment

PROPZ TO WOMEN!! YEA YEA

Comment

My Dad used to give hand to my Mum in house work. He used to lift his legs up and put them on the near by table when my mum was hovering (vacuum cleaner). He wanted his shirts ironed for the morning, which was my mums responsiblity, my responsibity was to polish his shoes while he reads one of the books of his library. My father never asked for the hot food on the table when he returned from office because it was already there for him. My mum never complained. She is a full time house wife. BTW, she holds a masters (M.A) in history & Economics but never worked in her life. Now I miss my father sometimes and my mothers misses both me and my father.

The whole purpose of telling this story is that somethings are left for the women, they take the responsiblity of those things themselves, its nature of the woman. And it is the nature of a man that he leaves these things for the female partner (there are few exceptions though).

[This message has been edited by Najim (edited July 06, 1999).]

Comment

Hey Hinz

Nice story. Well that pretty much defines the work we do on every day basis eh?! And u know whats really funny. Personally I don't even get fed up with this monotonous pattern of life. It gives me a bliss to bring comfort in my little ways to those around me. I guess we're gifted tehee...
                    Btw... about the pants part..though I'm not involved in it at all at present... but really, I'd hate to wear 'em. Personally, I'll back some one up all I can on constructive basis, work my head off behind the scenes - if required in some area, but No way hozay wud I be glad to wear them pants. Let the guys wear 'em, sorry Yaar, but well thats how I feel. Can't help it. Well unless its really called for tehee...

OOh but wait a sec... Therez one thing I can't stand. Its when guys boss me around in the kitchen, and tell me how to do my chores. >>Argh<< Wish they can just stay outta my way, when I can really do something on my own..or else I'll bite! Its like,"Just help me, if I ask, otherwise, just lemme do my job." Too much to ask, huh?! Oh well...

Till then,
                    Adios!
                    DB

[This message has been edited by Daysee Behna (edited July 08, 1999).]

Comment

DB...sis I can tell u...it certainly doesn't bring me much joy slaving around the house..doing one thing after another..while my older bro is sittin upstairs watching tv....and when I tell my mom to get him down here to help wash the dishes for example..she'll be like..he'z a guy...guyz don't wash dishes...MY ARSE!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hinna,

Oooo... I wouldn't know.... can I have another look? http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif
                        j/k

------------------
                        My two cents worth.

Zahid N. Sindhu
                        PakistanX Dot Com - The One Stop Desi Resource

Comment

I think, both, husband and wife need to have a good understanding. For example, if the couple goes to buy a car, if the husband does not know anything about cars and the wife knows more then the husband should let the wife wear the pants on that matter.
                          On the other hand if the husband is a good negotiator with salesmen, then the wife should let her husband do the right thing. So there is really no hard and fast rule of who should really wear the pants.
                          The above was a cituation in the west(US, canada and Euorope) although in Pakistan pants are mostly, and rightfully so, worn by men.

Later on
                          Zman

Comment

I'm with you, Hinna! I don't think that men are biologically unable to handle these household tasks. I give them a little more credit than that! My view is that men and women should share chores to the extent that both have approximately the same amount of free time. In my view, that is a good arrangement! If the man works 10 hours a day, he should not have to do the dishes when he gets home, but if the woman is very busy herself, then why not share. . .

Zara

Comment

Hinz Hinz Hinz Girl... Change ur attitude.. gudhi thats not slaving around. Hehehe... U're funny. Well yeah, at times it does makes one tick that "Awww... bro's watching t.v, sitting around doing nothing." And Aw why do I've to pick up his smelly socks blah, blah... But u know.. actually my bro' helps me so much... I make him do the heavy stuff ... He does the lawn, I do the dishes, I load the washer, he unloads Oh what the heck, I'm content with the way my way of life. And I can't thank Allah enuf.. Alhumdulilah!
                              I agree with Zman though... i.e. if wife knows about cars more than husb, won't be bad if she deals with it. U know Hinz, I don't find it too hard facing what we've to take care of. I can't say OOh she does more, falana He does less...yadi yadi yaa.. it balances out actually if we really think about it in a unselfish way. And u know,,, even if girls do more than guys.. Hmm.. I'll be willing to accept that too, for it'll assure me that maybe we're hehehe... more capable than them Nah... Who knows Oh what the heck.. me don't know don't care! http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif*shrugs*

Till then,
                              Adios!
                              DB

[This message has been edited by Daysee Behna (edited July 09, 1999).]

Comment

Working...
                              X