Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people take things so personally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do people take things so personally?

I've found way to many people take the smallest assumed offense as a major insultůstriking before they are aware of all the details. It then becomes a personal vendetta....especially on the net.

Minus 4?!!!!
    azkar bhai?

where are you?

Comment

When its concerning others think with your heart and when its concerning you then think with your head. I think this summs up what I think about it.

Later on
      Zman

Comment

Zman ditto
        -2?? whats -2 messages?? hehe

Comment

Minus One!
          Simple ain't easy.

Comment

KG... on net one doesn't have the luxury of looking at a person's expression/jesture, listening to vocal inflections nor does one really know the other person well (usually). the chances of reading too much or too little into typed messages are therefore more. misunderstandings on net abound.

apart from that, it depends on individual personality... insecurity, fanning own ego, need for attention, intolerance to a different view, etc could all be the causes why people sometimes act as if everything is aimed at them; or they make it look like thats the case.

Comment

SO do we really .... Interesting observation I had not noticed .....

Comment

Well, of course its all based on he said she said and "assumptions". Remember its one of the three or four forms of communication. What I would write may not be interpretted by another person exactly the same way. Unless we have face to face conversation.

That was my two cents.

Comment

Kashmirigirl is naive!

Comment

A poem by Rumi goes like this...

Take someone who
                    doesn't keep score,
                    who's not looking to be richer
                    or afraid of losing
                    who has not the slightest interest
                    even in his own personality:
                    He is free!

Thats a tough act to follow, huh. i guess to an extent we are all naive to think that we wouldn't give in to temptations of taking things down at personal level time to time, for a bit of ego pampering.

Comment

kashmiri...ji

absolutely Right you are!

------------------
                      In the arithmetic of love,
                      one plus one equals everything,
                      and two minus one equals nothing.

Comment

Well Kashmiri Girl, I personally think that it majorly depends on the individual. I mean I usually don't get involved in fights on the net cause I believe them to be stupid. How can u take offense at something a person who u can't see said. I mean its not necessary that they meant to insult you, it could very well be something that can be interpreted in many different wayz or meant to be a joke.
                        Ciao

Comment

Nisha,

I couldn't agree more

Comment

Hmmm... Good Qs KG Aslkm!

Perhaps cuz they might think "the world revolves around them." Or well... depends on the nature of words. Cuz at times one tends to write in a way, which totally gets the opposite person. Which cud be perhaps due to some mishap they might have encountered in life as general. And well... some ppl find it easier to blow up at a sitting duck on target. Rather facing the real bully in life, and having the guts to stand up to them. Hmm.. I cud be wrong. B'cuz at times some ppl make comments with out thinking that they cud be wrong. Eg... when one puts everyone in the same boat and make a wrong universal statement. That tends to set me off. Which compells me to get that person back for what he/she have written. Esp' when they judge some one from a post and say something improper. Though I don't take that as something personal, but it does upsets me. Anywhoo... I guess... its just hard for some to come outta their shells, and realize that "Hey therez a great world out there, I'm not the only one around."

Till then,
                            Adios!
                            DB

Comment

Working...
                            X