Women A Question???????????????Eastern or Desi living abroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women A Question???????????????Eastern or Desi living abroad

Well folks yes its me nadia the controversial...
    Ok recently i came across this thing a Pakistani wrote in his HP about eastern women...literally when i read through his description i came to the conclusion tht in his eyes women are nothing other then some piece of furniture or decortaion pieces to be put up in some shelf and be admired and posess...well then i couldnt help it but tell him that "a women's purity is hidden in her eyes" a women in jeans can be just as modest as a women in a burqa but the IDIOT writes me an email calling me a bad female and to be a disgrace to the word aurat which made me really think why and why do our men think that way i have no idea ...
    well i was quite disturbed and thought hey i am a muslim i live abroad i wear jeans i study in a college i have college friends that are boys so does that mean i am a bad person .... in my eyes i am not at all doing anything bad cause i believe in Allah and is very afraid of Him and i always try not to do things that might offend Him and He might punish me ...but this insanity that women should wear a burqa keep her eyes down and obey whatever her male relatives command her to do is quite ridiculous...please enlighten me with ur views

Hey, ek tu tumhara nam NADIA ooper say tumhari umar 21....buss lekin tum Australia maiN rahtee hu...agar Pakistan maiN hutee tuh mera tum say zaroor koi qareebi rishta huta...

Young lady no need to worry...Yarr.. you can't change mind of people around you. You are only answerable to Allah...so don't worry about people. If you can face your Conscious and your ALLAH without any doubts in your mind then there is no need to worry. let him do what so ever he is doing.
    Tum kiyouN apna KhuN jalati hu

[This message has been edited by Mahnoor (edited May 12, 1999).]

Comment

NadiaJI, aap bilkul fikar na karen, yeh tho hum sabke saath hota hai. i live in the usa and believe me i hear the same things. i agree totally with MahnoorJi, if your conscience is clear, then you have nothing to worry about. i wear jeans too. i see absolutely nothing wrong with that. personally, i think it's not what you wear but how you carry yourself that matters. as long as you respect yourself and let guys know that you expect them to respect you too, don't worry about anything else. you're heart and mind should be pure and your faith strong. don't worry about what others say to you.
      i just wanted to write and let you know that you're not alone. and all of us foreign raised desis go through this. just keep SMILING

---------------------------------------------
      "what do we live for, if not to make life
      LESS difficult for each other?" -- unknown

Comment

Well nadia i agree with Smile,if you are strong in character,you dont have to worry about anything,some people have problem talking nonsense,just ignore them,do anything you want but within your limit,which dosent give bad name to you or to your family..that is all you should care and worry about... to hell with others thinking.
        Nadia jee,we are stepping into 2000..and some people are still thinkng about 200 ad.
        sorry if I posted anything wrong

dil..dilseeee

Comment

Hey Mahnoor, Smile, and Dilse i totally agree with u and thanks for the moral support ..now i know that many like me do exist ..that i am not the only one who thinks in such a manner really dilse ur totally right and thats what i told that idiot that we are stepping into twenty first century but maybe he is afraid that the so called "male dominance" might vanish and well what to say ....some ppl might never understand and its ppl like these who are causing problems in the development of our country ...

Comment

Nadia21 jee...yes that is the problem,that is why we are so backward,agar sub log hamara tara sooch rakha to kiya bat hai...but who cares...some people have to come out to the real world....

dil...dilseee

Comment

I don't think there is anything wrong with wearing jeans or skirts for that matter. You are a human being and an individual before you are a woman, and that gives you the right to believe in whatever you do believe in and live your life the way you want.

Don't bother yourslef male chauvinistic views, they don't have any solid ground.

Comment

'

[This message has been edited by Rubiya Nur (edited July 30, 2000).]

Comment

[This message has been edited by Adbulmalick (edited May 12, 1999).]

Comment

hey thanks u all
                    now i know that i am not the only one who thinks this way really we are stepping into a new time and all we can do is criticise each other cause the way they dress and the way they think
                    thanks for all ur support

Comment

Nadia21,

Lack of education, broad mindness, cultural enlightenment, and blind-faithed believe in idiotic traditions results in a person just like who you quoted in your first message.

All I can say is that person neither is an intellectual nor does he have any knowledge on Islam.... So, just do what I do when faced by these illiterate people (eik Khaan sey Sunnooo Dooosrey Sey Neekaal dou.. )

Comment

The bloke you described in your first post sounds like a complete fool who is backward minded. Its bloody ridiculous for people to think about women like that. I bet he was some fool with an extremely long grey beard. As Dilse said if you're a strong character you should not have to worry. Be the captain of your life.

Comment

Funny, how some people can get so low to label a woman by the way she dresses. I think the women who dress "provocatively" are courageous and independent thinkers. I think it is not the dress that bothers those "chauvinists", it is their "lack of say" in that. Lot of such men "check" out the women whenever the opportunities arise.

The term "provocatively" is used very loosely here. Jeans could be perceived as "provocative" to some while nude beaches may not be to some other.

Comment

NY Ahmadi wrote: "I think the women who dress "provocatively" are courageous and independent thinkers."

I think it depends on where you live. Perhaps if you live in Iran and dress 'provacatively' you are being courageous. But if you do so, and your living, lets say North America, you are simply conforming to the norms of society. By objectifying your body you are in fact, buying into the beauty concious (beauty as defined by dominant society) mindset.

A person who decides to dress modestly in North America, on the other hand, is acting out of courage, with the constant threat of ridicule from their peers. Girls in public schools tell their parents they 'have to dress a certain way' - the way that society dictates they dress. They don't 'want to dress a certain way', they argue that they 'have to', cause the other girls are. Modesty is a virtue lost. Objectifying your bodies according to standards set in the latest fashion magazines have become the norm. Women suffer from anorexia and eating disorders, striving to meet these impossible standards.

Saying all that, I think women should have the right to choose however they wish to dress. I don't think its right to conclude that a woman who dresses 'provactively' is any more or less independent or courageous when compared to her sister who chooses to dress modestly.

Nadia21 wrote: "a women's purity is hidden in her eyes..."

And her heart!

Achtung

Comment

no no mr achtung the topic was why do some ppl treat women as some piece of furniture and not a human being not about dresses and noone is dressing in an outrageous manner just dressing in an appropriate manner thats it

Comment

Working...
                              X