A kind Note to Admin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A kind Note to Admin

Dear Admin: I just noticed that you have stopped me for further proceeding in some of my threads in Political section and you asked me to provide the source of my posts.
    Sir/Madam, I just reviewed the registration terms of this BB (I am pasting the terms again in this thread below) and I have not found any term where it say that any member must provide the source of his/her posts on demand or at the time of posting. By posting something with out revealing the source, I have not violated any terms and by-laws of the GupShup. But again, if it is a new/edited policy, I would abide by along with the other members of GupShup. But if this is not the policy of the GupShup and I have not violated any of the GupShup's Policy then, don't you think that keep pressing for some thing which is not under the terms/conditions/by laws, is a mental torture and harassment to a member who has not violated any of the GupShup Policy?

Please let me know that if that is the Policy of the GupShup to provide the source of the post on demand or at the time of posting, and I would gladly abide by it.

Thanks for your time

Best Regards
    A senior member of GupShup
    msaqibj

Here is the copy of the terms we agree when we sign up for the GupShup:

Considering the real-time nature of this bulletin board, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of this BB and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this GUPSHUP Forum. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this GUPSHUP Forum to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this GUPSHUP Forum. [note from msaqibj, Yes I have agreed not to post any copyright material and I shall stand fully responsible for any copy right matter of my posts].
    This by laws do not require a member to reveal the source of his posts either on demand or at the time of posts.

Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless this GUPSHUP Forum (and any owners of this GUPSHUP Forum) and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).

We also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate in this GUPSHUP Forum.

I'll agree with msaqibj on the point re:source of info.; there are copyright laws which if enforced, is between the Person doing the paste vs. the Source of the paste.

Comment

msa yaar which post was objected? Leme have a look at it. Could u please post the url here?

Comment

Thanks AC
        http://www.pak.org/gupshup/Forum4/HTML/000265.html

Comment

msa. Normally I am with the users and I am known to annoy the admin team on many issues. This time, however, I am reluctant. I think its only fair that you provided the source or claimed the credit. This will enhance the credibility of your post. I hope you understand yaar.

I have also sent an email to the admin-team for an explanation of their policies on this issue. We will clear the matter. I want to have uniform policies here.

One more thing is that each forum takes somewhat the personality of its moderator. Although the general rules apply but our moderators (which come from within regular users like yourself) are given tremendous flexbility as to how they want to manage thier forums. It would be nice if you inquire the concerned moderator and ask for an explanation.

The admin-team members interfere only when asked by the moderator or if the moderator is on a temp leave and somebody else has to look after the forum.

Comment

AC: Thanks for your time and for the advice:

I do understand the moral duty of providing the source of my posts and I do not have any problem with that.
            The only reason I addressed this issue that Policies should not be based on the personal likeness and dislikeness and I do agree with your
            I have also sent an email to the admin-team for an explanation of their policies on this issue. We will clear the
            matter. I want to have uniform policies here.
            thanks for understanding the feelings of a Member.

I hope no other admin/moderator would torture a member any more on the base of personal likeness/dislikeness.

thanks again for steping in and clearing this out.

[This message has been edited by msaqibj (edited June 09, 1999).]

Comment

msaqibj,

Two things:

1) What is the reason for you posting this inquiry in the General section? The requests addressed to you were in the Political section and your answer/question would have been well-suited there. Why here?

May we suggest that you are looking to start an unnecessary squabble over something very petty?

2) Did you consider that perhaps Admin may be doing you a favour? Perhaps a complaint has been received regarding your messages and we are attempting to "bail you out" by giving you full opportunity?

Remember one thing....the rules and regulations one is asked to accept at the time of joining are not there only to protect the owners of the bulletin board service. They are also there to protect YOU, the member.

We hope that you have a better understanding of what is trying to be accomplished.

Azkar,

We have already addressed these things in the email response but it might be a good idea to share.....

Saqib is right in addressing the Admin because it was the Admin team and not the Moderator that asked him to provide the information.

What is questionnable is why this member has chosen to query here in the General section. This act coupled with the following quotation:

"I tell you today, even if I (msaqibj) get banned, I would come back with some other nick. Because by providing this forum they are not doing us any favor, they are using the name of MY country to promote the page and to promote their bussiness. If they are Using the name of Pakistan then we (All Pakistanis) have the rights to come here and fight for the cause of our country and religion." - msaqibj - http://www.pak.org/gupshup/Forum13/HTML/000485.html

causes us to question his motives. We fear that his actions may end him up in trouble that we would prefer not to have a part in.

As ever, we continue to look out for both you and the membership.

Take care.

Comment

What is the reason for you posting this inquiry in the General section? The requests addressed to you were in the Political section and your answer/question would have been well-suited there. Why here?
                In the past so many times it had been said that one email or one post would be enough to make the point and then wiat for the responce:
                So by posting this in the general forum, I did not, again, do any thing wrong.
                I just addressed an issue and never seek any debate on it.

Did you consider that perhaps Admin may be doing you a favour? Perhaps a complaint has been received regarding your messages and we are attempting to "bail you out" by giving you full opportunity?
                what can I say on this, thanks

One more thing:
                with all due respects: Is there any thing wrong telling the people that I would fight for the cause of my Country and Religion?

Comment

One more thing for the Admins/moderators just came into my mind

"Tarey Madrasey key asoool neraaley dakhey
                  Chuttee uos koo mili, jis kaa sabak yaad naa thaa

Teri Adalat key Kanoon neraaley dakhey
                  Saza uos ko mili Ju khatawaar naa thaa

Teri Muhabat key Undaaz neraaley dakhey
                  Tera payaar uos koo mila ju umeedwaar naa thaa

Comment

Saqib saheb...

Let's stick to the issue at hand and not try to cloud the matter. Evasive tactics do not benefit anyone.

1) You have not explained why you posted here in the General section when you were asked the questions in the Politics section.

Admin and Muzna both participated directly in your threads and asked you to state the sources. Obviously neither felt it necessary to open an entirely new thread to address the matter. Why would you want to make a mountain out of a molehill?

"I do understand the moral duty of providing the source of my posts and I do not have any problem with that." - msaqibj

If you believe in what you have stated, then there is no issue. A simple answer in the relevant posts would have sufficed.

Finally, with respect to speaking out for what you beleive in ...there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Provided you do not tread on someone else's rights to do so. This includes taking credit for something that does not belong to you.

This is such an easy matter...we can't understand why you are hoping to complicate it. Are we to assume that you do enjoy "fights and mud-slinging"?

Comment

No, I do not enjoy fights and mud-slinging and when I said that, that was a joke if you understood the joke as I explained it in the same thread where I said that "I enjoy fights"

I have told that I posted this it in the general forum because I wanted to address an issue where "a member has been tortured and harassed again and again by demanding some thing which does not come under the GUPSHUP policy and as I mentioned in my first post in this thread that if it is the Policy, I would Abide by along with the other members of the GupShup and if it is not the policy, I would take it as a descrimination.

That is why I posted it in the general forum.

[This message has been edited by msaqibj (edited June 09, 1999).]

Comment

All right...so you wanted to post a public complaint. Is that correct? Are you rallying for support? No need to reply. It's irrelevant.

Your conception that you are being discriminated against is false. Please rid yourself of the persecution complex and address the issue. You were asked to state the origin of those messages. You were not harassed and not tortured. Your choice of adjectives in this case is poor at best. But that too, is irrelevant.

What the real concern here is why, after numerous posts on this topic and three posts in the thread in the section in question, you have still failed to provide the requested information. What is the membership of this forum and the Admin Team to gather from your reluctance? Why the secrecy? We are most confused with your behaviour.

Comment

There is not real concern and no confusion and no secracy at all. People who read the news papers and who read the posts of the other members can easily understand the origin of those messages.

Yes this is a descrimination
                          That is the real issue I am addressing here and that is the real matter needed to be settled.
                          If the source is required, then all members should be required, if the source is not required then why pressing one member.

Comment

I once read a novel 1984 .... later I visited Singapore. Now, I'm on GupShup.

Dev "gag me with a spoon" Uchka.

Comment

saqib...

Go back and read part 2) of the first message by Admin.

Comment

Working...
                              X