Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you mind it when somebody calls you a 'Paki'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you mind it when somebody calls you a 'Paki'?

Dear Friends,

This is a serious question i would like to ask, and would appreciate serious responses.

I find that if a non-Pakistani calls a Pakistani a 'Paki', many of them take it as a racial attack and are offended. Although if they call one another 'Paki' it doesn't seem to matter. However, the Pakistani friends i used to hang out with, didn't mind me callimg them a 'Paki' at all, probably because we knew each other well enough.

How would you react if someone called you a 'Paki'? Would you be insulted and react, or would you take it with a pinch of salt?

Dear John,

It all depends on the context does it not? I am always calling my Paki friends Pakis, but it is a throwaway term. If Norman Tebbit said it , it would come across different. I sometimes call white friends Honkies but it's done tongue in cheek so they just laugh. It's no big deal is it? Still, there might be some silly Pakis who would object. Not that I am saying NYAhmadi would...but he might. In no way should NYAhmadi be associated with the term silly Paki. I am just using his name as a possible example of someone who might object. Possibly.

Comment

Great topic by the way...

Comment

JOHNeeeeeeeeee

This is a serious question i would like to ask, and would appreciate serious responses.
        mmmmmmmmmmm....SERIOUS..........Hahahahaha....hehehehe

Hey! whenever you gonna say anything serious here it would never be taken as serious...my experience tells me that http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif http://www.pak.org/gupshup/biggrin.gif

I am PAKI.....so are you a GORA SAHIB

Comment

Dear Mr Xtreme,

thanks for the reply mate. Hopefully i'll receive some more soon. It was interesting reading yours ... cheers

Comment

Nope!

Comment

My right honorable friend Mr. Xtreme is Wrong yet another time!!!!

Actually not. In England the word "Paki" has some negative connotation attached to it, but in other countries it is just a term to refer to Pakistanis. In England the term is used to describe all from the Indian Sub Continent, and is used in somewhat "racist context". When I lived in England, I heard it a lot.

Personally, I am least disturbed by encountering racists or racism. I actually feel proud of myself that I am not one of those who judge people based upon their ethnicity. Such is the lowest kind of human behavior.

A proud Paki (who acts silly once a while!!!!--- Mr. Xtreme, you can call me silly Paki, it wont be that far off from reality. Being silly is just part of growing up, you silly boy).

Comment

It is da smae problem as, when a African American person calls anoher African American a Niggor o no one seems to mind but if a person of anotehr race does, it beomes this whole controversial issue.

this is how i see it when someone of another race calls u a paki its sort of a stereo type, like "oh he's a paki" and then there are certain things attached to being a "paki". and people get offended by stereo types. But if a frnd calls u a paki u know for sure its not a stereo type and u dont really get offended>

Comment

dear john
                  you sound like an AUSIE are you . but you certainly do n't sound like a GORA . you are
                  not a GORA i am pretty sure . you are asian
                  probably[please let me know if it's correct ]
                  iam not just guessing that .
                  and yes
                  i hate being a pakistani . i never like some body calling me paki . that's the worse thing
                  that can happen to me . i hate pakistan so much .please tell me what chould i do . i wanted to be a chinese . is there any way you help me out
                  http://www.pak.org/gupshup/frown.gif

Comment

people, all i can say that "paki" depends how you take it,i.e. "paki" "paak" got it....but if its in England then certanly it is offencive as the english batch are after all form the land of "PALE" . I am sure john would know.

Comment

"Personally, I am least disturbed by encountering racists or racism. I actually feel proud of myself that I am not one of those who judge people based upon their ethnicity. Such is the lowest kind of human behavior. "

beautiful!

Comment

SHEZI PLEASE TELL ME U R NOT SERIOUS IF U R U SUCK REAL BAD

anywayz i wuz talking 2 my sis and she told pakistanis hate wen ppl of other races call them pakis , especially GORAS, cuz when dey ruled over da subcontinent dey had a name 4 pakisytanis "BLOODY PAKIZ" i guess dats da reason ppl hate it. coz its disrespectfull

Comment

ahhhhhh John ji

BTW John ji how old are??????and are u doing some research on us pakis .....?

well if u ask me i am a muslim by birth but not a paki so i dont call myself paki neither do i look like one.....though my roots do lie in the soil of my beloved country but it always causes confusion ....and to u all i am just speaking for myself so dont bash me .....

as for my children they are australian borns so they will be australians who are again muslims by birth but not pakis

why u ask well as the famous saying goes

"do kishtiayon may sawaar honay wala hameesha doobta hay"

and for u John ji

"Those who try to travel in two boats always drowns"

Comment

I believe it depends on the context.
                            If my friendz call me a paki jokingly..I don't mind..but if someone else sayz it..I get angry.

Itz just like ppl calling chinese ppl chinks, tamil ppl tpz and philipino ppl flips.
                            22.1 . O mankind! Fear your Lord . Lo! the earthquake of the Hour ( of Doom ) is a tremendous thing .

Comment

John,

Word Paki is a racial word against people who migrated from Pakistan. It is just like saying "White ****" or "Nigger". I personally hate those racist words, which are mainly based on hatred, cast or creed. Under the skin we human being are the same. Is there any difference in color or structure of human body beneath the skin? Then why these racial words?

Sincerely,

FARID M

Comment

Working...
                              X