FEMINISM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FEMINISM?

I have a very honest question, what does it mean to be a feminist? I mean I really don't know, I have a few ideas but none have ever been concrete, they all might make sense...

So what is it?

Well, in simple words, it would mean someone who believes in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.

That would be someone who will believe in the equality of rights regardless of gender.

We all should be the feminists.

Comment

islam also gives equality.we should abide by its laws.

Comment

Top 10 things pakistani feminists like to say, LOUDLY

10. I will never marry a Pakistani man. 9. Daddy I want to go out on a date.
        9. Ufff, do i have to wear the jhumka too ? 8. This gold chooRee is too thin.
        7. Don't call me auntie. 6. Don't call me baaji.
        5. MaiN..!! aur bus meiN jaoongee ?
        4. Bhaijaan, iss kee qeemat kum kareiN naaaaN ..
        3. I will not cook, sweep the floor or make babies for you.
        2. All Pakistani men are chauvanist except for my Dad.
        1. Khansaama, biryani pakaO.

Comment

Hum Sa ji
          LOL LOL LOL LOL
          ji that was funny

Comment

HSHTSA,

Goood one.....

Comment

Even a man can be feminist. So the top 10 are not right unless there are no male feminists in Pakistan.

Comment

HSHTSA...

Now I wonder where you got that top ten list from....?

Comment

Feminism is often misunderstood...
                  Feminists are often considered as, radical grp of women involved in male bashing etc. Infact feminism is abt basic rights, abt equality. The basic idea is of an ideal world, against oppression, not only for women, but for all species of life. As a matter of fact, there isnt even one of us who has not been benefited by feminism.
                  Still, the word is taken in such a negative way, that a lot of us who identify with it, are not comfortable in calling ourselves as feminists.

Comment

Dear Nick,

Islam as practised today DOES NOT preach or provide equality for:
                    1) Women;
                    2) Non-muslims;
                    3) even muslims, e.g. shias.

To assume otherwise is sheer ignorance!

Comment

Femism is a disease that almost all abcd ladkian is having. It make the abcd ladkian think she can abuse shareef Pakistani admi and destroy is life. It teaches the aurat that she doesnot have to do what mard say. It teaches aurat to be proud of being a kuch nahin. It must be stop verry fast.

Comment

Well guys aj kal to larka bhee apna ap ko feminin bana ta hain....like extra makeup,light lipstick, kan may bunda,hath mai chain ,gala ma locket,sirf dress ka faraq ho ta hai....yar naraz mat ho na....

dil....dilseee

Comment

See, so many ideas, and all are different, so how do you know what it is...even if there is a set definition, everyone still has their own interpretation of it...But i would like to agree with Roman, ZZ, zainab and others who said that it stands for equality, thank you for helping me understand!

Comment

Man, someone mailed me this list year and i thought it was funny. Sheesh. No need to get offeneded.
                            Thanx Nadz and Imranz for seeing the lighter side of the list

Comment

Feminism has done a lot to improve a woman's role in politics, work, etc. But men still rule the world. Why do our super models have to be tall and thin? Who set these standards? MEN. Why do women have to shave their legs and other areas? MEN told them to. Why do women have to wear high heel shoes? MEN. You get my point.
                              But women have yet to set standards for men.

Comment

Working...
                              X