Pak Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pak Music

This topic is dear to my heart. I know I requested a separate forum be made for Pakistani films, but I don't think that anyone knows it really exists, and it's not easily connected to the mainstream audience that listens to this stuff. I asked for it to be made so I know it exists but the thousands of other Pakistani fans have no clue.

Was wondering whether it would be better just to merge this back into Pakistani showbiz so that at least the people discussing dramas can see some of the new videos and hear the new songs coming out, because now that population isn't really seeing those posts. I post about a song in showbiz and I know people will look at it, but if I post it under pakistani music, I think a grand total of 10 people must be seeing it.
    I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Re: Pak Music

I think it's better if music videos are posted in a separate forum e.g. video gallery or pak music. If people are interested in a particular song, they'll discuss it regardless of where the thread is. Take Taher Shah's thread, for example, it went on for 5 pages lol. Music from coke studio was also really popular in the forum a while back. Your recent thread inquiring about a particular band has 400+ views and several people posted there to help you out. Point being, the Pak music forum does get plenty of traffic but people's interest will vary depending on who's being discussed. GS is dominated by Pakistanis living abroad and not many of them are as interested in music coming out of Pakistan as you are. So that's another reason why you may feel as if the threads aren't getting any attention. I can still forward your suggestion to Azkar bhai but I think it's better to discuss music in a separate forum than showbiz. If we get rid of pak music, then music videos would be better suited in the video gallery.

Comment

Except Paki music has had more traffic on this website before, I can say for sure given my own stint here as a mod, and also since I wandered onto this site BECAUSE of searching for Pakistani music websites about 11 years ago.

You can look at Pakmusic, koolmuzone, and other such blogs - they have thousands of followers. 400 views is nothing.

Comment

That's true if you compare GS to websites that are dedicated only to Pakistani music. GS isn't.

Comment

True. Anything you guys can do. Poor awesome music videos and songs aren't getting the traffic they need and because of multiple factors these artists pretty much rely now on Internet exposure to get known.

Comment

Lonely? You haven't seen lonely till you open a thread in the Business section.
            Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

LOL, oh lord, i thought desis are all about BIJNESS.

Comment

Currently 67 people viewing Pak Showbiz
                A grand total of 2 viewing Pak Music

Draw your own conclusions. Not my BIJNESS.
                Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

I'll discuss this with the Entertainment team, PCG, and let's see what we can do to promote pak music on GS. Thanks for your feedback.

Comment

Working...
                  X