Changes in GS administration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes in GS administration

Some please explain me the new changes here. Its confusing.
    Where are the previous Directors and mods????

WhO are the new position holders ??

Re: Changes in GS administration

Confusing? Its hit the fan.

How are mods being appointed? What are some of the things these Channel Managers (CMs ) looking at to appoint a mod? What are the qualifications to be a moderator of certain topic oriented forums?

Why are cafe dwellers/diggers being appointed mods of technical forums like computer/technology?

Why does this look like a zardari type shake up of gupshup? Why so many mods and channel manager (drama) when there is no need for such ritual?

Comment

I'll check back here later when someone answers the asked question.
      What goes around, will come right back around.....
      ......And bite you in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaan Leva View Post

Why are cafe dwellers/diggers being appointed mods of technical forums like computer/technology?
        since you brought this up, well the "cafe dwelling" mod is qualified enough to teach Post Graduate courses in any university. Lets not assume things on the basis of what you see and percieve.
        IF members don't advertise of what they do or what their qualifications are, it doesn't mean ADMIN do not take it into account when appointing mods for certain sections.
        Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

Oh, so you have to send in a resume?
          What goes around, will come right back around.....
          ......And bite you in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophanez View Post
            since you brought this up, well the "cafe dwelling" mod is qualified enough to teach Post Graduate courses in any university. Lets not assume things on the basis of what you see and percieve.
            Then you belong in the career and academic forum, not technology. You can't even figure out how to free up the damn RAM on your PC and why firefox is slowing down your PC... but you were made a mod in that forum. Its pathetic, to say the least.

I thought teggy had better judgment than that... oh well, who said I have to be right every time?

Comment

...and why is GS Unplugged being treated like a freaking step child? You guys are part of the same freaking team, incorporate that in the main forums and stop this little drama/circus.

Comment

Then you belong in the career and academic forum, not technology. You can't even figure out how to free up the damn RAM on your PC and why firefox is slowing down your PC... but you were made a mod in that forum. Its pathetic, to say the least.

I thought teggy had better judgment than that... oh well, who said I have to be right every time?

ah.. I rather not go into that discussion with you (as you percieve C&IT as something only related to desktop computing and hardware)! the career & acadmics is taken care by a very experienced mod for that section, and Admin rightly didn't see any need to change his duties.

MOD duty is not to provide you solution to the problems posted in his section, I think you understand THAT bit.
                Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

I, or for that matter other CMs were not the sole decision takers for the appointment of moderators. For the most part, old moderators are still around. The reshuffle of the Administrative staff was done after thorough review, and it was done so with users' well-being and interests in mind. I am hopeful that in the near future you will start to see the new structure serve GS community as it was intended to from the start of GS as a South-Asian community portal. With every new change GupShup has come out better than before, and this transitional phase is no different than any before it.

The moderators that are appointed, have been appointed for their abilities to draw interest in the forum, and their people-skills so they can better assist users. Please allow a little time for the transition to take place, and you will begin to see a positive difference. I sincerely hope you will assist your respective sub-forum moderators in improving the forums and making GupShup a better place for all of us to compute.
                  Boycott Indian economy. Buy Pakistani!

Comment

Why does this look like a zardari type shake up of gupshup? ?

Comment

...and why is GS Unplugged being treated like a freaking step child? You guys are part of the same freaking team, incorporate that in the main forums and stop this little drama/circus.
                      Calm down friend! GSUP moderators have been recombined and incorporated with the rest of GupShup. What you see is just mere structural difference to identify the new & successful project GSUP.

Thanks for your passion though. It's much appreciated.
                      Last edited by teggy; Nov 17, 2008, 03:11 AM.

Comment

one more thing where is Computer and technology wali thing ? I cant see it anywhere

Comment

Be a bit more specific please. What Computer and Techonology wali thing are you looking for?

The forum link is below:
                          Computer & Information Technology

Comment

Ohhh,OK thanks teggy.

Comment

Confusing? Its hit the fan.

How are mods being appointed? What are some of the things these Channel Managers (CMs ) looking at to appoint a mod? What are the qualifications to be a moderator of certain topic oriented forums?

Why does this look like a zardari type shake up of gupshup? Why so many mods and channel manager (drama) when there is no need for such ritual?

i was thinking exactly the same thing, big Conspiracies....

Comment

Working...
                              X