Hear ye mods..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hear ye mods..

This is a story of how people can be ungrateful no matter how good you are to them ...and i felt the need to share it with all you mods.

------------------------------------------------

Ok a quick history lesson, when Britain ruled India, the British Empire created various "princely states" which were formed often as rewards for loyalty to the British Empire or out of agreements made during the time of the East India Company.

Now when partition came the princely states were given the choice between Pakistan and India. Some of those states decisions subsequently were the source of some conflict (Hyderabad, Jungarah and off course Kashmir). The others were not so controversial, the rulers maintained many of their royal priviledges and authority while being loyal to the new states of Pakistan and India.

This story is about one of the states in Pakistan. This "princely state" was comparatively unique because it's ruler was what one would call an enlightened despot. He ruled with an iron fist yet was quite progressive at the same time. He constructed roads, helped the poor, opened schools and promoted tourism and business. He was also very harsh towards criminals and protective of the natural beauty of his little Kingdom (people would be arrested for cutting trees down). The Kingdom was given the sweeping accolade of being the "Switzerland of Asia". On the negative side as was the custom of the time he would often play potential rivals against each other and those who openly dissented were exiled and would often have their lands confiscated.

Now eventually as time passed Pakistan decided to merge these semi autonomous states into the rest of the country. This decision with time led to a progressive deterioation in all aspects of the once effectively run mini Kingdom. From a place people marvelled at, it became one of the poorer and forgotten parts of Pakistan.

The ruler I am writing off was quite pragmatic and encouraged his children to participate in elections to ensure his family represented the people they had ruled for so long.

Over time his family won some elections and lost some, now one day his son was sitting in the veranda of his house with a mutual friend after having lost another election. The former rulers son gestured to the people busy about their lives outside his house and said, "Those stupid people, you do 99 good things for them, but they will always remember that one bad thing."
    -------------------------------

I share this story though with the full knowledge it does not apply to gupshup mods because the ratio in there case tends to be the opposite of the 99 good and 1 bad...
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Re: Hear ye mods..

Any juicy sex scenes in this story?

Comment

..there was one Sheikh Saab but I felt it too much for your innocent ears..
      How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Comment

Zakk yaar, my ears are not innocent; they have been nibbled more than whispered into. Ask Romeo. He chews my ears off…

Comment

wrote the story yourself or is it in the Indo-pak history?
          we are creatures in a dangling position ....

Comment

Zakk now you need to go start some quality threads in general and life and religion. GS has become so irritating of late. Nothing to hold my interest anymore.

(ps the plus side is if I dont post, I dont get stalked! )
            "Today in heaven they opened up a new chest dedicated to charity. It's name ?"

Comment

^^ You have nothing to post MQ. Even Quraan has finite chapters and verses. While discussing them can be infinte, but that would be very very very wrong, something our forefathers didnt do so why should we.
              Can you Hear me Now!! Good

Comment

^ Actually I have plenty to post, the question is would it be worth my time and efforts? Plus for the most part yeah gs has been quite annoying even, because so many great posters are gone or rarely post. GS is no fun anymore.

Wasay perhaps your "forefathers" werent too keen on discussing the Quran in depth, but I assure you mine were.

Comment

Sorry wrong word "discuss", "critic" would be more like it. Now I am sure your forefathers didnt do that.That I can assure you by looking at your posts and responses.

Comment

Verizon buddy I can assure you that finding flaws in the Quran - which is flawless is a waste of time. I think my forfathers might have agreed with me on that. You may critic it all you like. I shall remain to discussing it and learning more about it. After all, how can one critic anything of which one does not know of?

Oh yeah and from my posts/responses you also gathered I was a 4 foot aunty with 5 kids.

Comment

^^ your first sentence says all.

Comment

Must you ruin Zakk's thread?

Comment

Sorry I missed the 4" 5 kids part. Where did you come up with that. If Isaid it, it was as a joke or was being sarcastic.

Comment

Hey, both of you… go fight somewhere else. This was supposed to be a serious attempt by Zakk for a suggestions to Mods/Admins to re-evaluate their styles to accommodate varying points of view.

Comment

^^ Thank you madhanee. Azkar and mgmt needs to adress this seriously. All the posts are being rendered useless. I was having a very intelligent convo with Hunk and lostsoul and now all our posts are gone. We need moderate and open minded moderators.

Comment

Working...
                              X