Too many subforums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too many subforums?

With the low number of posts on gupshup these days, does it make sense to have so many sub-forums?
    Why not just have 2 sub-forums - Cafe for casual posts and another one for serious (or pseudo-serious ) posts.

This might increase interactions and attract new members

I somewhat agree with you with the exception that may be not 2, but 4-5 main forums other than blogs. This has been discussed internally many times in the past but i can bring up again with Azkar. Now only if we get him to work.

Thanks for your input btw, always appreciated.
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

I agree with this too.
      Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Well not too good Idea krash ! if you think it through......What you have suggested is like what Yahoo Chat used to be like back when the internet started .

You went into a chat room with no specific topic, everyone would post whatever was on their mind

etcetera etcetera etcetera! so you went looking for the point you wanted to discuss with your friend.......and it would be way down under or way past!

You see when you have different Topic forums, people can stay focused and the answers and comments are all related to that one Topic!........

does that make sense?.

So let us not go for Helter Skelter! Like the Hippies used to say!
        Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post
          I agree with this too.
          Well Now @LP can have a "No Topic" Forum and discuss multiple Topics! in one thread!....why because Ladies are good at Multi Tasking...
          Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

• LP
            LP commented
            Editing a comment

Originally posted by SindSagar View Post
          Well not too good Idea krash ! if you think it through......What you have suggested is like what Yahoo Chat used to be like back when the internet started .

You went into a chat room with no specific topic, everyone would post whatever was on their mind

etcetera etcetera etcetera! so you went looking for the point you wanted to discuss with your friend.......and it would be way down under or way past!

You see when you have different Topic forums, people can stay focused and the answers and comments are all related to that one Topic!........

does that make sense?.

So let us not go for Helter Skelter! Like the Hippies used to say!
          I think that will only be an issue if the number of posts are very large like in the heydays of Gupshup. In which case it would make sense to split out into more subforums.
          But, given the current volume, it makes sense to use fewer subforums. People will be exposed to more posts and may be tempted to interact more.

Comment

Working...
          X