Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMPORTANT: Gupshup hits, miss and the future..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMPORTANT: Gupshup hits, miss and the future..

Salam GS's beautiful peeps,

Dont we all wish that our life is on auto-pilot and we just spend time lying on a hammock in a tropical island. But then things happen that snap us out of it showing us the tougher side of reality. Heck even the volunteer jobs take a toll.

Gupshup has been one of the prime Pakistani and South Asian online community board and that is enough reason for haters to attempt to shut us down. Even though we have always welcomed every peaceful person no matter what their affiliation or location is, but still plenty of groups are out there to try hunting us, primarily from some of our neighbors (ahm).

From 1999 till now GS has seen its lots of ups and downs but everything manageable and ultimately we come out stronger and able to unify the GS community.As ya'all know GS had some interruption a week before and as a result had to take few days break. I highly apologize for our absence. But it wasnt anything planned rather much forced.

Full disclosure, there were attempts to hack our system as well but since it has happened once before, our hosting provider took the adequate steps and shutdown the system. NO damage done once again.

Once the system was down we needed to make sure that we make it further secure and we did it by migrating almost entire system to vbulletin cloud. I know we did move some last time as well but this time its a lot of data thats moved.

Rest assured we are safer than before, and here to stay for long. Haters gonna hate, hackers gonna attack but we aint gonna blink.

Password Interruption
    Now as a security measure we were forced to reset all users passwords which is a huge bummer. As the notice says, every user has to reset their password to login. But the problem I see here is that we have a lot of users who have been here for more than a decade and what if they dont remember their email or dont have access to it? In that case click on link https://pak.gupshup.org/contact-us and send us your new email. I'll reset it and link it to your GS user. And if you come across any other problem, please write us and we'll help by all means.

What future holds?!
    Our journey hasnt ended here. We are still on the move. We're planning to transform this whole site into a forum plus social media site for everyone specially for those having their or ancestral origin from Pakistan and rest of South Asia. It may take few but we'll get it done and you'll like it too. You have my word. We are very much open for all suggestion and criticism so feel free to reach us with anything in mind.

Azkar is personally involved in monitoring and fixing this whole situation. I trust him and believe we are in good hands.

Once again, I humbly apologize for all the inconvenience but here to help. Lets make GS great again, but unified together!
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

As-salamoalaikum,

You need more Pakistani Members to join, to make the forum interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
      Salam GS's beautiful peeps,

Dont we all wish that our life is on auto-pilot and we just spend time lying on a hammock in a tropical island. But then things happen that snap us out of it showing us the tougher side of reality. Heck even the volunteer jobs take a toll.

Gupshup has been one of the prime Pakistani and South Asian online community board and that is enough reason for haters to attempt to shut us down. Even though we have always welcomed every peaceful person no matter what their affiliation or location is, but still plenty of groups are out there to try hunting us, primarily from some of our neighbors (ahm).

From 1999 till now GS has seen its lots of ups and downs but everything manageable and ultimately we come out stronger and able to unify the GS community.As ya'all know GS had some interruption a week before and as a result had to take few days break. I highly apologize for our absence. But it wasnt anything planned rather much forced.

Full disclosure, there were attempts to hack our system as well but since it has happened once before, our hosting provider took the adequate steps and shutdown the system. NO damage done once again.

Once the system was down we needed to make sure that we make it further secure and we did it by migrating almost entire system to vbulletin cloud. I know we did move some last time as well but this time its a lot of data thats moved.

Rest assured we are safer than before, and here to stay for long. Haters gonna hate, hackers gonna attack but we aint gonna blink.

Password Interruption
      Now as a security measure we were forced to reset all users passwords which is a huge bummer. As the notice says, every user has to reset their password to login. But the problem I see here is that we have a lot of users who have been here for more than a decade and what if they dont remember their email or dont have access to it? In that case click on link https://pak.gupshup.org/contact-us and send us your new email. I'll reset it and link it to your GS user. And if you come across any other problem, please write us and we'll help by all means.

What future holds?!
      Our journey hasnt ended here. We are still on the move. We're planning to transform this whole site into a forum plus social media site for everyone specially for those having their or ancestral origin from Pakistan and rest of South Asia. It may take few but we'll get it done and you'll like it too. You have my word. We are very much open for all suggestion and criticism so feel free to reach us with anything in mind.

Azkar is personally involved in monitoring and fixing this whole situation. I trust him and believe we are in good hands.

Once again, I humbly apologize for all the inconvenience but here to help. Lets make GS great again, but unified together!
      Thanks for much needed informative post.
      Impress me..with your intelligence and wit. :-)

Comment

• SID_NY
        SID_NY commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you!

Testing

Comment

Make this a sticky on the main page

Password Interruption

As likely many having this issue

Thanks

Comment

• SID_NY
          SID_NY commented
          Editing a comment
          Thats a good suggestion. I doubt if we can stick it as a thread on the main page, hence the notice on top. This can be made a sticky on each section though, like cafe, PA etc

Thanks for sharing the news, and for your dedication to keep this platform afloat.

Comment

• SID_NY
          SID_NY commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

So SID, are you admin now?

Gupshup ki to lutya doob gai iss baar!

Comment

Working...
        X