Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Account Policy-No Multis

Can this policy be implemented?

No one should be allowed to open more than one account in my humble opinion.

Thank you.
    Impress me..with your intelligence and wit. :-)

haha this will give heart attack to mademosellie..

Comment

Does it matter?

PS: I don't have multis at the moment.
      Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Multis are the spice of life. Le Pakistan is my multi. And so is Holy Lota.

Comment

The benefit of having a mullti is the right extreme multi can be balanced by a liberal multi to make the world a better place.
          Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

Waiting for admins to respond. Until then no comments from me.

Comment

Originally posted by diwana View Post
              Can this policy be implemented?

No one should be allowed to open more than one account in my humble opinion.

Thank you.

Gupshup is already " almost dead" now you want to hammer last nail on its coffin?
              Last edited by Dynamic fire; Jul 13, 2020, 11:21 AM.
              In ankhoon kay ye zumurd hein teray liay...per tuo hay kahaan...... kia puta...(blush)

Comment

You are absolutely right OP. No one should be using their multis. Thanks for raising this point.

Originally we had a very strict policy on multis not allowing them as well as also not letting previously banned multis come back. Few years back this policy was slightly relaxed. It doesnt mean we let our guard completely down its just that we agreed on putting more trust on the posters (being a nice community) that they do the right thing. As you can clearly see there is a huge difference of GS policing from now and back then. We expect posters to not only NOT go the route of using multis but also respect all the other pre-defined rules as well. Ofcourse most of us are old enough to remember these rules well enough.

Yes, there are and always few which would show no respect to such things. But trust me they still remain at loss. Their lack of ethics become very obvious when they bulldoze any rules. And as a result they loose the attention they try to get by using multis.

So whats for the future? Without going into the detail right at this moment, I can atleast tell that there is a bigger change in pipeline. If majority agrees we can get back to strictly implementing all the rules including the one suggested. Cheers!
                Attitude is more important than facts.
                "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
                  You are absolutely right OP. No one should be using their multis. Thanks for raising this point.

Originally we had a very strict policy on multis not allowing them as well as also not letting previously banned multis come back. Few years back this policy was slightly relaxed. It doesnt mean we let our guard completely down its just that we agreed on putting more trust on the posters (being a nice community) that they do the right thing. As you can clearly see there is a huge difference of GS policing from now and back then. We expect posters to not only NOT go the route of using multis but also respect all the other pre-defined rules as well. Ofcourse most of us are old enough to remember these rules well enough.

Yes, there are and always few which would show no respect to such things. But trust me they still remain at loss. Their lack of ethics become very obvious when they bulldoze any rules. And as a result they loose the attention they try to get by using multis.

So whats for the future? Without going into the detail right at this moment, I can atleast tell that there is a bigger change in pipeline. If majority agrees we can get back to strictly implementing all the rules including the one suggested. Cheers!
                  Excellent.

Why I feel concerned about multi accounts.

1- One person can state his or her view.

His or her view gets dismissed by someone fair and square.

Same person with different account comes back and not only supports his or her first 'Nick" but shows to the readers in a wicked and treacherous way that his or her first account "nick" was correct.

This can be considered 'bullying or ganging up" on one account holder who now has to deal with the same person with two accounts.

2- Just as there should never be two driver's licenses with different names of one person, there should never be two different accounts online by same person.

I do not see the reason other than being unnecessarily secretive, potentially wicked or using multi account for negative purpose.

3- There should be one voter with one identity to vote. So if there is some kind of poll or opinion seeking thread, multi votes could be cast.

3- I can guess multis and I might still be wrong. But it seems illogical and unnecessary to allow same person to use different accounts.

4- A family member of one person might use same IP address then there should be a policy to announce that one person is different than other even though related. Nothing wrong in announcing that. At least the people will be better informed.

5- Look, I am not saying reveal anyone's identity or anything about anyone. All I am saying to not have people multi-accounts which have no logical reason at all.

Hope this is sufficient. If you have another thought then please fire away....

(On a funny side note, I do not know if you remember few years back there was one member who had posted something and later posted a response to 'herself' first account as if two people were talking.

Big mistake was that the person forgot that she was still logged in her first account.

I was like ....But realized what happened. Very amusing. And another poster asked first account holder, who are you talking to????? )

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamic fire View Post

Gupshup is already " almost dead" now you want to hammer last nail on its coffin?
                    Maybe it's good for GS to revive itself if only one account is allowed per person. People might have left because of dealing with multis and their wicked and evil behaviors.

Some kind of honesty has be there to have trust that there is no need to worry about one person keep coming back with different argument and idea and showing the reader that....Yeah! if two or more people (essentially the same one person) are agreeing then it must be true!".....

Did you get this point?

Many other social media accounts allow only one account per one identifier.

They are thriving because people know somehow they do not have people faking their identities. I know people still do, but that's breaking the rules.

Online forums like GS have a good benefit of having the person's identity hidden anyway, so why allow one person to use multiple identities and let others be curious unnecessarily and curious about or guessing who is who?????

Comment

I dont quite agree diwana . Multi's are good. The Multis can conversate with eachother and keep the traffic going and prevent GS from dying a slow death.
                      Jugni ja varee school, Pichay pae gaye desi fool,
                      Oh kehndi "only JaGGa is cool, Oh karda mere heart nu rule"
                      Veer mereya oh Jugni.

Comment

Originally posted by JaGGa View Post
                        I dont quite agree diwana . Multi's are good. The Multis can conversate with eachother and keep the traffic going and prevent GS from dying a slow death.
                        Having multis talk to each other for traffic is a temporary solution and doesn't benefit in the long run
                        Be someone that makes YOU happy

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post

Having multis talk to each other for traffic is a temporary solution and doesn't benefit in the long run
                          The forum is already in hospice. There is no long term solution. Just use Samad bond and keep it in tact for as long as you can. Putting a ban on multis is not a solution to anything.
                          Jugni ja varee school, Pichay pae gaye desi fool,
                          Oh kehndi "only JaGGa is cool, Oh karda mere heart nu rule"
                          Veer mereya oh Jugni.

Comment

Disagree with the topic

not a multi either

no concrete discussion in this dead place

thread makes no sense

what was your previous nick or other multi?

Comment

Originally posted by JaGGa View Post
                              There is no reason to encourage treachery, deception, hideous acts or lie. Period.

As I said, using one Nick as a mean to hide behind the real person is justified and acceptable on online forum

But trying to fool people with multiple Nicks on same platform???
                              That is not good.

One identity per person. That's all I am suggesting.

OK. Enough of the argument along this line.

Is there any means if Admins say OK, we will disable multis but in reality they do not???

No reliable way.

But if some time is spent on monitoring members, one can guess 90% to 99.9% who might be the multi of other member.

Problem is that the multis may continue to use this benefit for wrong reasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X