Do not like this site software for a reason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do not like this site software for a reason

It's very strange this site has posts and the responses posted in a separate contained manners. Like no time line format who said what and when as a chain of event.

Not sure who made the software to organize the discussion in any particular thread, it really makes no common sense since the conversation is is not in linear way, rather interrrupted.
    Many posters posting in their own separate conversation and it's hard to follow who said what and when.

This is 2020. Older time was better.
    Impress me..with your intelligence and wit. :-)

How about donating your time to make it better. It would be nice to thank those who are maintaining ad running this site.
    Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

Originally posted by diwana View Post
      It's very strange this site has posts and the responses posted in a separate contained manners. Like no time line format who said what and when as a chain of event.

Not sure who made the software to organize the discussion in any particular thread, it really makes no common sense since the conversation is is not in linear way, rather interrrupted.
      Many posters posting in their own separate conversation and it's hard to follow who said what and when.

This is 2020. Older time was better.
      LOL. Yeh "many posters" kahan se aa gaye? More like ikka-dukka posters. With some posters (Bobby..) there is no linear thinking, but there is definitely a pattern. Everything circles back to the same topics: pedophilia, the importance of being attractive, bad oral hygiene, and cousin marriages.

Comment

• diwana
        diwana commented
        Editing a comment
        That's called limited thinking in my humble opinion.

• Southie
        Southie commented
        Editing a comment
        In my humble opinion there are abundant examples of limited thinking here recently.

I believe you can change the view format of the threads. Like you can actually see it as a timeline as well. Go in the settings of your profile and there is an option somewhere there.

I'll take a look too and will try taking screenshots.
      Attitude is more important than facts.
      "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

• diwana
        diwana commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks. Let me try. I meant to say software not site.

Well, I tried but no change in view.
      Something else need to be toggled then.

1-When comment is made, ability to put a smilie is lost.

2-The conversation as it is in not in continuous flow. Last post by a member should be seen as last I think as it used to be. But now the conversations become grouped and one doesn't know who posted last, when, and where.

Comment

Diwana, try this setting and check. i.e. Display mode as "latest activity". Its in the Settings. You can actually choose that when you go to any thread as well. To me its showing in the descending order i.e. latest on top and oldest at the bottom. You may need to play around with the settings.

Capture.JPG
        Attitude is more important than facts.
        "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

• diwana
          diwana commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. Will try and let you know.

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
        Diwana, try this setting and check. i.e. Display mode as "latest activity". Its in the Settings. You can actually choose that when you go to any thread as well. To me its showing in the descending order i.e. latest on top and oldest at the bottom. You may need to play around with the settings.

Capture.JPG
        I think but not sure, its the "comment" option which is the issue.

If Quote button is used then perhaps it will be like linear conversation. And last person to post will be seen as the last person who posted.
        Most members use Comment button and hence it becomes many small groups talking in one thread which is hard to keep track on,..... and it breaks the continuity or flow of discussion for a reader. Why not remove the Comment option? Just saying.

By the way, thanks for correcting the title.

Comment

Working...
        X