How to upload media?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to upload media?

I remember audio file was to be posted via Soundcloud. Not sure now how to.

Moreover can a video or audio be uploaded directly from the computer/cellphone?

Thanks.
    Impress me..with your intelligence and wit. :-)

Basically you need to have a sound cloud account and upload the file there and then copy/paste the link for that file here. You can set it to private there so only those who have access to link can listen to it.

Unfortunately you cannot upload audio or video anymore. Its restricted due to a breach attempt earlier. Hopefully someday we'll abondon vbulletin and migrate somewhere safer to open all those options
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
      Basically you need to have a sound cloud account and upload the file there and then copy/paste the link for that file here. You can set it to private there so only those who have access to link can listen to it.

Unfortunately you cannot upload audio or video anymore. Its restricted due to a breach attempt earlier. Hopefully someday we'll abondon vbulletin and migrate somewhere safer to open all those options
      Thanks.

So there is no way to directly upload video or audio from computer. Is that correct? I remember audio could not be uploaded directly but forgot if video could be.

There is a link in bottom to upload video (indirectly) and photo directly.

Haven't tried either.

How about video from you-tube etc. ?

Comment

Originally posted by diwana View Post

Thanks.

So there is no way to directly upload video or audio from computer. Is that correct? I remember audio could not be uploaded directly but forgot if video could be.

There is a link in bottom to upload video (indirectly) and photo directly.

Haven't tried either.

How about video from you-tube etc. ?
        Yes so I was about to say that just like audio can be uploaded via soundcloud, use youtube for videos. Same old "yt" and "/yt" tags still work.

And picture can be uploaded via "upload attachments" button.
        Attitude is more important than facts.
        "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post

Yes so I was about to say that just like audio can be uploaded via soundcloud, use youtube for videos. Same old "yt" and "/yt" tags still work.

And picture can be uploaded via "upload attachments" button.
          Thanks for the response.

Comment

Diwana, aik video ya gana to sunao, phir hum bhi baith kai lubhain gai! Let's plasticate Pakistan! Kiyun tapa rahai ho Libra sai!
            Last edited by chapter 2; Feb 2, 2020, 10:16 PM.
            I am an atheist, but not a communist! I am a vulgarist, but not a radicalist! I am tame, but not idiotic!
            shingle of shingles!

Comment

Originally posted by chapter 2 View Post
              Diwana, aik video ya gana to sunao, phir hum bhi baith kai lubhain gai! Let's plasticate Pakistan!
              OK.

Check in media.
              Last edited by diwana; Feb 2, 2020, 02:38 PM.

Comment

I am not sure if it will be possible to change.

But I think one of the reason platforms like this get less activities is because media needs to be uploaded on it via other websites.

Both WhatsApp and FB receive media directly from either desktop or cellphone.

Hence, other social media platforms have moved on, and have simple the means to upload media directly.

But here, one has to use correct code [/], [\] etc. even after uploading media on other websites.

Why this software has lagged so far behind the time?

Is there any update or upgrade which is needed?

Comment

Just testing yt tags

Comment

Working...
                  X