Sharmeen Obaid's new Saga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharmeen Obaid's new Saga

What's your opinion on this latest hot topic going on.

Background:

This is real life. not a drama.

Sister of Sharmeen Obaid (Oscar Award winner Pakistani director) checks in Aga Khan hospital in Karachi for treatment

Later, she receives a 'friend request' on Facebook from one of the male doctors who had treated her.

She and Sharmeen Obaid file complain in hospital for "sexual harassment"

The doc gets suspended from hospital.

And now there is a big uproar on social media about this whole thing, ofcourse more than 90% of what I've seen is against Sharmeen for going this far on facebook request.

I personally believe its certainly a violation of privacy but sexual harassment? Dont think so.

The harassment tweet that outraged Pakistan | Pakistan | Al Jazeera

https://www.samaa.tv/social-buzz/201...ng-harassment/

And this one is important: https://dailytimes.com.pk/132099/ope...-obaid-chinoy/
    Attitude is more important than facts.
    "Life is 10% what happens to us..and 90% of how we react to it"

Re: Sharmeen Obaid's new Saga

clear case of Malepractice by the doctor sahib!
    Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

Sending request on Facebook is not sexual harassment.... but keep sending it several time is harassment...

People like Sharmeen ... they take trends and made stories... ab jabkay hollywood producer ka scandal samany aagiya hai... Sharmeen jaisay log... aesai baton ko jaisay FB par friend request ko bhi sexual harassment kay oper dal dein gain...

My take on this issue... sending friend request to a patient is unprofessional but it is not harassment... though it crossed line and felt not tasteful.....complain it sexual harassment is too much bad use of her celebrity power...

It is violation of privacy from reputable health institute...

As I firmly believe on policies and rules that governs them.... According to Facebook... repeatedly sending unwanted friend request is Harassment.....

Bullying and Harassment: How we respond to bullying and harassment.

We donít tolerate bullying or harassment. We allow you to speak freely on matters and people of public interest, but remove content that appears to purposefully target private individuals with the intention of degrading or shaming them. This content includes, but is not limited to:

• Pages that identify and shame private individuals,
      • Images altered to degrade private individuals,
      • Photos or videos of physical bullying posted to shame the victim, and
      • Repeatedly targeting other people with unwanted friend requests or messages.

We define private individuals as people who have neither gained news attention nor the interest of the public, by way of their actions or public profession.

https://www.facebook.com/communityst...and-harassment

Comment

Yeah sending facebook request might not be harassment, BUT sending face book requests were not allowed as per their hospital policies. A doctor working there would have known the rules at least.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do - Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by mahool View Post
          Sending request on Facebook is not sexual harassment.... but keep sending it several time is harassment...

People like Sharmeen ... they take trends and made stories... ab jabkay hollywood producer ka scandal samany aagiya hai... Sharmeen jaisay log... aesai baton ko jaisay FB par friend request ko bhi sexual harassment kay oper dal dein gain...

My take on this issue... sending friend request to a patient is unprofessional but it is not harassment... though it crossed line and felt not tasteful.....complain it sexual harassment is too much bad use of her celebrity power...

It is violation of privacy from reputable health institute...

As I firmly believe on policies and rules that governs them.... According to Facebook... repeatedly sending unwanted friend request is Harassment.....

Bullying and Harassment: How we respond to bullying and harassment.

We don’t tolerate bullying or harassment. We allow you to speak freely on matters and people of public interest, but remove content that appears to purposefully target private individuals with the intention of degrading or shaming them. This content includes, but is not limited to:

• Pages that identify and shame private individuals,
          • Images altered to degrade private individuals,
          • Photos or videos of physical bullying posted to shame the victim, and
          • Repeatedly targeting other people with unwanted friend requests or messages.

We define private individuals as people who have neither gained news attention nor the interest of the public, by way of their actions or public profession.

https://www.facebook.com/communityst...and-harassment
          Wow. I think i like you for the very first time.

SOCOscarBrat has sold the izzat of the country one to many times and now being the attention ho that she is she is trying to get attention a different way. I say people should drag her to the airport and strap her in a one way flight to whatever liberal heaven she wants to be in. She can claim asylum in her liberal paradise.

Comment

I think the whole thing is blown out of proportion. And the culprit is Sharmeen Obaid herself. Her sister felt her privacy is violated, the complain was lodged with the hospital, that should be it. Why use your "celebrity" status to broadcast around the world and cause a havoc.

But well atleast now we know whats the topic of her next documentary..

Comment

These feminists wild

Comment

Ok, I think being a practicing Doctor, I should say something on this.

As a Doctor, we are not allowed to have any relationship (even friendship outside the borders of professional role) other than the professional Doctor-Patient relationship with our patients and their carers/close family members. Sending a Facebook friendship request is certainly a breach of this restriction.

Now whether this can be classified as sexual harassment or not is a matter of debate, but the doctor in question should have known better.
                I'm Not The Messiah, I'm A Very Naughty Boy

Comment

Why are people butthurt about this woman? Clearly it is not just this incident that has struck a nerve with you people. Spill the tea on what is so horrible about her.

Comment

Originally posted by IsaidwhatIsaid View Post
                    Why are people butthurt about this woman? Clearly it is not just this incident that has struck a nerve with you people. Spill the tea on what is so horrible about her.
                    //Changed my mind after reading her arrogant elitist tweet where she is talking about the wrong woman and family status, on the one hand she promotes human rights for fame and on the other she claims to be superior than the riff raff because she is all so powerful and has family status..Yes the doctor acted unprofessionally and maybe should have been reprimanded but this bs about he messed with the wrong woman from a great family etc. You know what even a cleaning lady should have same rights as your sister from the elite family. So disappointed in her elitist behavior..
                    Last edited by Bobby1; Oct 31, 2017, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Lol, shor sharaba kr k ma'azrat!!
                      Chalo rola tey mukya!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post
                        //Changed my mind after reading her arrogant elitist tweet where she is talking about the wrong woman and family status, on the one hand she promotes human rights for fame and on the other she claims to be superior than the riff raff because she is all so powerful and has family status..Yes the doctor acted unprofessionally and maybe should have been reprimanded but this bs about he messed with the wrong woman from a great family etc. You know what even a cleaning lady should have same rights as your sister from the elite family. So disappointed in her elitist behavior..
                        Okay, I understand that facet of her being bad and something that should be called out. However, that is probably not what the rest of this thread is butthurt about her. I wanna know about what did she do before this incident that was so controversial.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post
                          Bobby paa jee. I am impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by SaeedinPakistan View Post
                            Bobby paa jee. I am impressed.
                            #metoo

Comment

Her latest explanation, though she still used the word "harassment" which I fundamentally disagree with.

DNcewDGW0AAz0zP.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X