Reitesh Deshmukh in trouble for visiting Taj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reitesh Deshmukh in trouble for visiting Taj

MUMBAI: Maharashtra chief minister Vilasrao Deshmukh on Monday sought to downplay the outcry over a [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Arial][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Arial]filmmaker[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] being part of his entourage visiting ravaged Taj hotel, saying "many people" went to the sites of the terror attacks.

Deshmukh downplays Ram Gopal Verma, son's visit to Taj-India-The Times of India

"There was no bad intention in it. Many people come to such places," Deshmukh said, when asked why film director [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Arial][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Arial]Ram [/FONT][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Arial]Gopal[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] Verma was part of the official group that visited the Taj heritage hotel.

He pointed out that the footage of the official visit to Taj had been provided to television channels by the government.

The filmmaker, who has made multiple [COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Arial][COLOR=blue! important][FONT=Arial]films[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] based on the underworld, also sought to brush aside the controversy, saying that he happened to be with the chief minister's actor-son Reitesh at the time.

"Let me clarify that the chief minister did not invite me as I have never been even formally introduced to him. It was just that I happened to be with Reitesh at that time, whom I know very well," Verma said.

The film director said he had no intention of making a film on the recent Mumbai terror strikes, which left over 180 dead and over 300 injured, and added his visit should not be politicised.

Only official visitors have been allowed inside the three terror attack sites -- Taj, Oberoi hotel and Nariman house, since November 29 when the combing operation ended.

The chief minister said there was nothing wrong in his son Reitesh being part of the group.

"If my son is with me what is wrong in that? It was a big incident and he wanted to see it," Deshmukh said.

Re: Reitesh Deshmukh in trouble for visiting Taj

thats absurd....wats wrong if he visited?

Comment

^
      masalaydar movie banay ge...and they will show quran-waving-pakistan-certified-terrorists terrorizing and then killing heaven-bound-indians in cold blood. himesh will compose the music and rahat fateh will curse pakistan n its peaky muslims in his sureeli voice and then will come back to pak with his big fat cheque like his toond and enjoy the food of lahore cooked by the pakistani terrorists.
      HTD/S11: To fool your enemies, you must first fool your allies.
      ARY: baighairton ka badshah

Comment

hain hain...wat did the poor rahat fateh ali do?!?....i dont think they went there 2 research for a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by saieen View Post
          ^
          masalaydar movie banay ge...and they will show quran-waving-pakistan-certified-terrorists terrorizing and then killing heaven-bound-indians in cold blood. himesh will compose the music and rahat fateh will curse pakistan n its peaky muslims in his sureeli voice and then will come back to pak with his big fat cheque like his toond and enjoy the food of lahore cooked by the pakistani terrorists.

[I]The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams...[/RIGHT]

Comment

Some journalists have nothing better to do, really.
            Blessed, happy, and content. Alhumdulillah.
            :)

Comment

http://movies.indiatimes.com/photo.cms?msid=3780911 It was in the year 2003 when Vilasrao Deshmukh was asked to resign from the post of Maharashtra Chief Minister and history repeats itself in 2008! Interestingly, there is one common factor that binds the two resignations.

Way back in 2003, it was Sonia Gandhi who asked Deshmukh to furnish a resignation. Reason: Deshmukh's son, Riteish, was making a Bollywood debut and the minister with his Mantralaya officials was doing his bit to make Tujhe Meri Kasam rock at the box office.

From CM's public relations officials to his Congressmen, from party activists to police inspectors and ward officers all were reportedly roped in for the star studded premiere at the IMAX dome in Wadala, Mumbai. While Cable TV operators were warned against showing pirated versions of the movie, television promos and the many billboards in the city made sure that the movie does not go unnoticed. Most say, that all these hoardings were not funded for by the film's producer.

If this wasn't enough, the chief minister, with his powerful influence got the who's who to attend the grand premiere of the movie that was held at Imax Adlabs, Mumbai. It was then that Deshmukh was asked to resign citing reason that he employed political machinery for such an affair.

And this time around, Riteish plays a major role once again behind Deshmukh's resignation. Incidentally, while on his first visit inside the devastated Taj, Deshmukh turned up with Bollywood star-son Riteish and director- friend Ram Gopal Varma for company. The trio then went to Trident as well. The spectacle raised questions of how concerned a CM Vilas Rao Deshmukh was. People saw a dash of casualness in the demeanor of the Chief Minister of a city that was trying to recuperate from the devastating terror attacks.

Rumours that RGV and Riteish were at the spot for a research for their forthcoming flick Rann, further bruised the sensitive issue with the masses. And the result is for all to see. With Deshmukh being asked to step down from his kursi twice in the span of 5 years, is it the end of his political career? We wonder!

Comment

Originally posted by saieen View Post
                ^
                HAHAHAHAHHAHA
                !

Comment

Originally posted by teelobhain View Post
                  HAHAHAHAHHAHA

Ram Gopal Verma and Riteish Deshmukh made a visit to see how Hotel Taj had been destructed by the terror attack along with CM Vilasrao Deshmukh on Sunday.

We asked Bollywood celebs for their reaction to RGV and Riteishís tour of Taj.

Farhan Akhtar - Itís an unbelievable act done by CM and Ram Gopal Verma! I really donít know what to comment on this whole act.

Harry Baweja- It was an unnecessary visit and Iím completely disturbed with what is happening to our city. I was completely shocked when I saw Ram Gopal Verma on every news channel.

Pooja Bedi- In Bollywood there are so many films which are made on real life stories like Shootout At Lokhandwala, Black Friday but why Ram Gopal Verma went with Vilasrao Deshmukh I cannot understand. He should have gone at some other time as every common man is curious to know what exactly happened but I donít know what happened to Vilasrao Deshmukh that he took Ramu to the site!

Arjan Bajwa- This is not the correct time to discuss as why Ram Gopal Verma went with Mr. Deshmukh to see Hotel Taj. The main focus right now is to increase our security. Let me give you a recent example - I had to take flight to Hyderabad and now also security personals were not in keen in checking the things properly. There was a pair of my scissors in my bag and they didnít check it also. He should not have visited the site immediately as now everyone is focusing on whether he is planning to make a film or not but that should be a secondary concern. The main concern is to increase security everywhere.Ē

Rohan Sippy - I donít want to comment on any personal matter but according to me it was not necessary to visit the ruined Hotel Taj.

Samir Karnik - Ofcourse itís ridiculous how Vilasrao Deshmukh allowed Ram Gopal Verma and his sons to accompany him. He should have kept it a political visit instead of family visit. This shows the manís caliber. I just hope that after such attack the common man will become vigilant.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]! View Post
                    Ramu (RGV) ne do SARKAR banayi ... ek girayi

(Maharashtra Sarkar Girayi...)

Comment

Working...
                    X