Oye Lucky Lucky Oye: great movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oye Lucky Lucky Oye: great movie

Totally different movie and style and story. Does not feel like you are watching a bollywood movie.

Abhay Deol's movies are all great movies:
    1: Ek Chalis Ki Last Local: Great funny different movie
    2: Monorma 6 feet under: Great funny different movie
    just another useless troll

What is it about? Looking forward to it. OH by the way is Kiron kher in this movie too?

Comment

Re: Oye Lucky Lucky Oye: great movie

No kiran kher and the story is too different to tell. You must watch to understand

Comment

His socha na tha was really good too.
        Blessed, happy, and content. Alhumdulillah.
        :)

Comment

yeah i also like abhay deol"s movies. manorama and socha na tha.

Comment

i love it..indeed a great movie
            TOGETHER WE STAND AND TOGETHER WE FALL

Comment

Honestly, I liked the picture. First of ll because it is based on the shenanigans of a real superchor Bunty. When he was caught he was on the front page of TOI and story of his thefts kept pouring in for weeks afterwards. Almost all the thefts shown in the movie are inspired by true events.

I have never seen a better depiction of middle class Delhi in any other movie excpt Banerjee's last movie "Khosla...". All characters are very delhiite, the usage of words, hair style, dressing etc are so real. In fct I know one person who resembles the Gogi charcter of Paresh Rawal perfectly.

This is the story of an ambitious boy Lucky who is from a middle class family of Delhi. Quite early in life he can see the world is a fun place for people with money and they have no respect for others. He perfects the art of stealing and by adding his charm, wit and presence of mind and he becomes highly successful in his craft.

The movie is a sort of a look at society from a thief's POV (not the usual society makes the criminal) with a lot of subtle humor. You'll find yourself laughing not because of the comic situation but for the 'realness'(!) of the characters. These are everyday characters and you'll identify with every one of them. The poses for the photographs, the usual shimla trip, Aunties of Delhi etc all are so real that it amuses you.

Everyone has done his job decently. Of late Abhay Deol is the only actor who choses to do what he can. I am yet to see a single movie of his where he fell short of character. I haven't seen a better and more sensible actor in last five years. Paresh Rawal is Paresh Rawal, he has played 3 different characters in the movie, each with same elan. Archana pooran singh and the character "bengali" did their jobs perfectly.

There are no lengthy songs to bore you. Movie is not preachy either. The negative side is that there is no story. It is just a slice of life. That worked for me.http://www.echarcha.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
              I'll say give this movie a try, you will like it (esp if you've ever lived in Delhi)....

Comment

Working...
              X