Showbiz Quotes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showbiz Quotes.

Neeli — “Javed Sheikh and I dote on each other. There are thousands of boys and girls who are just plain friends. So why pinpoint us only? The stories about our marriage are insipid gossip.”

Shaan — “When I go to the studios, I start correcting myself. I speak less English, avoid intelligent conversation and stoop to the level of the ordinary man.”

Sania Saeed — “Creativity is not allowed to blossom. Obtaining an NOC for a play is an uphill task. The person who has the authority to pass or reject your script has absolutely no knowledge of theatre.”

Anita Ayub — “If people don’t like my dress code, if it bothers them, they can look away.”

Nighat Chaudhry — “My life’s work is a crusade against the commercially proven formula. We are up against rigid, orthodox minds. It is important to communicate the message in as rational a manner as possible.”

Shaiyanne Malik — “The English language is the only worthwhile thing we inherited from our colonial lords and masters. It gives us a fabulous window to the world.”

Abida Parveen — “I am and always have been afraid of the microphone because it is the true judge and one is always afraid of the truth.”

Atiqa Odho — “Pakistani men can be great cowards. They can become physically abusive when threatened by a woman’s intellectual or emotional strength.”

Abid Ali — “The limitations of geographical borders have to be washed away if television drama is to go anywhere.”

Syed Noor — “I have never done a blatant copy of an Indian film. I am perhaps the only film writer in Pakistan whose films have been copied the most by Indians.”

Uzma Gilani — “Women are never accepted for their brains and talent.”

Tahira Wasti — “True, I got my break because of my features. But it has always been a hindrance. I could not get challenging roles because they did not go with my appearance.”

Sana — “Right now, I’m just crazy about being a film luminary. I don’t know whether I’ll succumb to the demands of the producers.”

Shafi Mohammad — “Basically, I’m a villager who has always wanted to do something big. I was determined to become someone.”

Resham — “I neither fit in the Anjuman slot nor in the Reema category. If I am successful, it will mark the beginning of another genre of heroines.”

Babra Sharif — “With arrogant people I can be very arrogant, but with the sweet, humble ones, I am twice as humble.”

Mishi Khan — “I am willing to do any shair, hathi, kutta, but not Billi anymore. As far as I’m concerned, Syed Noor can don a wig, put on blue lenses and play the role of Billi himself.”

Fatima Surayya Bajia — “In this time of unrest and ugliness, of distrust and mayhem, I want to point out the good in society.”

Zeba Bakhtiar — “I have nothing against films with dances. I just think they don’t suit me. Anjuman looks great dancing while wearing feathers, but I personally would look like an idiot doing it.”

Iraj — “Modelling is a world where people are waiting to push you down, and the scary thing is that they do it so sweetly.”

Reema — “I have tolerated enough nonsense from people. If I don’t react, it doesn’t mean I don’t feel. No one can use me anymore. If they try, I’ll raise hell. So they had better be careful.”

Saima — “The Saima of then was just a prop; the one today has an identity of her own.”

Meera — “I know some people are jealous of my success. I am like the moon overshadowing the stars. I’m up there. When they can’t reach me, they try to make up stories.”

Vaneeza Ahmed — “I could lie about it and say I’m in this field for the love of art. But I admit that I’m doing it for money.”

Zainab Qayyum — “I think I’d like to retire gracefully before people start throwing stones.”
    ..all you need is trust and a little bit of pixie dust!

Re: Showbiz Quotes.

all was good until meera jee

Atiqa Odho — “Pakistani men can be great cowards. They can become physically abusive when threatened by a woman’s intellectual or emotional strength.”

Comment

Hasil Kureshi: Music is everything to me, but we still need infrastructure which can provide a platform for upcoming talent.

Comment

Tanseer Daar:
        [SIZE=2]that means yeah ... c;mon this is what i am i can,t be serious in life so yeah baby yeah is my quote to life hehehhe!
        [/SIZE]

Comment

Anita Ayub
          I look like brook shields.
          Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf forever!

Comment

Nadia Khan
            I 'm very open to criticism.

Comment

Meera entertains to no end.
              Blessed, happy, and content. Alhumdulillah.
              :)

Comment

lolzzz
                bichari Mishi Khan!!
                some are very thoughtful others are........................ HA HA HA
                "Love for All ---- Hatred for None!!!"

Comment

I like what fatima surayya bajia said

Comment

Sajal, just wanted to ask how can members request a thread to be locked? They don't have to browse that particular thread if they dont want to and let the rest post whatever they want.

If wondergurl didn't like it she didn't have to bother clicking on that thread! Funny how people want to read it and usually do then head-out to mods and complain and "request" for threads to be locked *sigh*

Comment

That thread should not have been closed. All of us love gossip so whats the harm in admitting it openly? it was just harmless gossip. if you don't like it don't read it .but why stop others from having some fun? There are 'a couple of people' here who didn't want that thread to continue as it was against their interests.

Comment

yeah i m all for the threads on gossips!! i wonder why some ppl r takin it so personally.

Comment

Originally posted by lillyy2k2 View Post
                          Nadia Khan
                          I 'm very open to criticism.
                          thats a lie

Comment

Did anyone watch the episode where "chef" Rahat insults a viewer just cuz she critisized her baking a cake in a dirty tin mould? OMG it's a must watch!

Comment

Originally posted by Gina~ View Post
                              Sajal, just wanted to ask how can members request a thread to be locked? They don't have to browse that particular thread if they dont want to and let the rest post whatever they want.

If wondergurl didn't like it she didn't have to bother clicking on that thread! Funny how people want to read it and usually do then head-out to mods and complain and "request" for threads to be locked *sigh*
                              Originally posted by lillyy2k2 View Post
                              That thread should not have been closed. All of us love gossip so whats the harm in admitting it openly? it was just harmless gossip. if you don't like it don't read it .but why stop others from having some fun? There are 'a couple of people' here who didn't want that thread to continue as it was against their interests.

Since Wondergurl had started the thread, I had to close it upon her request. Please feel free to open another one on gossip or anything else you wish to discuss.

Hope that answers your questions.
                              Last edited by Sajalina; Nov 26, 2008, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X