Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pakistani film industry

lets talk about pakistani film industry and compare with bolly wood
    bollywood films are very successful i visited iran turkey middleast bulgaria and greece everyone is talking about bollywood on tv or newspapers.
    why pakistani film industry failed to scceed like bollywood
    please share your views with us

Re: pakistani film industry

I may be wrong here but I think that in Pakistan, at one point it was considered a taboo to act in a film so all the talent went toward TV dramas which are or at least were much better than Indian TV serials. I mean, you can't even compare the quality. In India, acting, singing, dancing is OK with even the elite and edcuated as it's part of the hindu religion. Young girls and guys are encouraged to learn them professionally. Now where does go with so much of it... Bollywood of course. And now there are generations of families that have been in the film industry, actors turned producers turned directors, marying within Bollywood, kids started careers there...so I guess that would be the main reason.
    Don't be hurtin' and hatin' cuz my phone is so cool!

Comment

Well Indian Dramas were very good at some time, now its mostly gisha pitha saas-bahu stories. good news is, those serials no longer manage to retain TRPs and the maa and maasi of the Saas-Bahu serials, Kyuki Saas...and Kahani Ghar ghar Ki are no longer running.

Well i think it is as much the social perception of Acting/Singing/Dancing as tabboo as the govt policies. Pakistan Govt has not really done any thing for betterment of the local film industry, while Indian govt recognises Bollywood as a big industry and has made many film-industry friendly policies.
      also, because of the booming economy, the budgets of the film in India are quite high too. so i guess, that helps. plus good marketing.

Comment

Originally posted by Niksik View Post
        I may be wrong here but I think that in Pakistan, at one point it was considered a taboo to act in a film so all the talent went toward TV dramas which are or at least were much better than Indian TV serials. I mean, you can't even compare the quality. In India, acting, singing, dancing is OK with even the elite and edcuated as it's part of the hindu religion. Young girls and guys are encouraged to learn them professionally. Now where does go with so much of it... Bollywood of course. And now there are generations of families that have been in the film industry, actors turned producers turned directors, marying within Bollywood, kids started careers there...so I guess that would be the main reason.
        1. 100 out of 100
        Jeevay Jeevay PAKISTAN

Comment

Originally posted by pallavpotter View Post
          Well Indian Dramas were very good at some time, now its mostly gisha pitha saas-bahu stories. good news is, those serials no longer manage to retain TRPs and the maa and maasi of the Saas-Bahu serials, Kyuki Saas...and Kahani Ghar ghar Ki are no longer running.

Well i think it is as much the social perception of Acting/Singing/Dancing as tabboo as the govt policies. Pakistan Govt has not really done any thing for betterment of the local film industry, while Indian govt recognises Bollywood as a big industry and has made many film-industry friendly policies.
          also, because of the booming economy, the budgets of the film in India are quite high too. so i guess, that helps. plus good marketing.
          yeah you have a point

how can we forget indian serials/dramas like
          buniyaad
          circus
          kakkaji kahin
          fauji
          flop show
          ramayana
          mahabharat
          gul gulshan gulfam

and list is long,perfect blend of acting and story

Comment

Originally posted by Aqal-less View Post
            yeah you have a point

how can we forget indian serials/dramas like
            buniyaad
            circus
            kakkaji kahin
            fauji
            flop show
            ramayana
            mahabharat
            gul gulshan gulfam

and list is long,perfect blend of acting and story
            i loved Buniyaad..i wasnt even born when it was being made, i saw the re-run!
            i think the story follows the migration of a family during the partition, and how they settle in the new surroundings and how each son goes about their life.

Circus and Fauji were good too..
            Flop Show was funny, and Ramayan and Mahabharat were iconic. the rest, i dont remember!
            there was "Hum Log" too. it was good.
            Gosh, this does bring back many memories!

Comment

if u look at pak film idustry of 60z, 70z and 80z...it was very popular n was doing a good business like bolly was at that time,,,,,,,,but pak industry lost it all when 90z period started (although there were some hits) n bolly maintained its image.......if their filmz r better then we have better dramas...although aj kal ke dramas mein mujhe acha baat nahi nazar ati..saare ke saare star plus se inspired hain (i guess hum loag drama quality bhi bholtey ja rahe hain)......there r very few recent dramas which were good but most of them r rubbish...i have not seen any one good indian drama...apart from one or two (cant remember the name...one was wid neena gupta i guess it was called dard)...i also saw a telefilm wid irfan khan (n 2 other ladies...dont know their names but they r known faces....that telefilm was excellent....)........they can make good dramas but its just that those star plus style dramas are liked by everyone.......
              The Most Beautiful Woman On Earth is Aishwarya Rai

Comment

^^
                those Star Plus (*+) shows are losing TRPs. guess what, the stupid reality shows are taking the moolah. but still better than the saas bahu rona dhona.
                recent good Hindi dramas include Siddhant, Baa,Bahu aur Baby(yeah, it sounds like a Saas Bahu serial, but its not), Sarabhai Vs. Sarabhai(it was my fav),Heena(my mom says it was good) etc.

but aap Pakistan mein bhi Khuda Key Liye aur Ramchand Pakistani jaisey film banna suru ho gaye hai, so i guess things are gonna look up for PFI.

Comment

Originally posted by pallavpotter View Post

they do still run on Star plus infact they'r like never ending
                  [I]The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams...[/RIGHT]

Comment

They Ended for good!
                    atleast Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki did!

Comment

thanks for responses

Comment

Working...
                      X